Aruba Beach
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mjl60621
  • 3 Post By danadog56

Thread: Anyone Have Their Drinks Screened at the Gate?

Question Anyone Have Their Drinks Screened at the Gate?

We have. Two years ago we got our drinks tested on the way down in Atlanta and on the way back from Aruba. That was the first time and last time in our 5 trips to Aruba. I figured something was up as it had never been done before.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Saw this on the news the other night, don't really understand why as drinks you have must have been purchased at terminal after going thru security....confused

I am all for security, scan away! Safety first.

I travel extensively and although I have been wanded and patted down on more than one occasion I really don't see the need for testing my drinks.....I don't even mind going through the new scanners but if the TSA is going to test my drinks that I bought at the airport I am going to throw it away......I don't want other peoples hands in my drink......they should supply u with whatever they contaminated.....Just IMO....even though its a test strip it still has to be held by someone and if it sits against the inside wall of my drink and they put a liquid on the test strip I would never put my lips to that again......call me paranoid, but have u ever read divergent ?????
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

From what I have read, the strips are held over your drink, does not come in contact with the liquid or the container. I saw a video on NBC's website about how they are testing to see if a gas coming from the liquid.
    I would rather have random screenings and feel safer.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling
    Yes, just as Tracey described, they waved a strip over my wife's Starbucks. It was not at all intrusive. Since I'm not a Starbucks guy, they could have thrown it out for all I care, but I think my wife would have been in Federal custody if they messed with her mocha cappuccino.

Quote Originally Posted by jpsphr View Post
    Yes, just as Tracey described, they waved a strip over my wife's Starbucks. It was not at all intrusive. Since I'm not a Starbucks guy, they could have thrown it out for all I care, but I think my wife would have been in Federal custody if they messed with her mocha cappuccino.
    Haha.....yeah, I understand completely.....just messing with my drink is kind of creepy though......however, I am in complete agreement about protecting us from what ever dangers are out there....I usually am the first one to say ....protect me however you see fit....but I guess I now realize I have some limitations.....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME