Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Arrival luggage scan

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

Arrival luggage scan

On TripAdvisor, they are claiming that upon arrival (not departure) but arrival to Aruba, after you get your luggage you have to have your luggage scanned before departing the airport. Is that true? It makes no sense whatsoever. Your luggage was scanned at your departing airport, went on the plane and then the next time you touch it, you are in Aruba, getting it at baggage claim and leaving the airport. They were talking about long lines to get your luggage scanned trying to leave the airport in baggage area????

They do have luggage scanning machines located at the exit of the airport but the last two times we arrived they weren't using them. There were Customs Officers in the same area though but just waved us through.
    Last edited by schexc; 10-21-2017 at 04:25 PM.
    TRIP 15 Nov-Dec 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    thanks but I don't see the point. Its almost like can we make it more difficult for you. once you depart your airport, its in the airlines hands, then aruba's baggage hands.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    thanks but I don't see the point. Its almost like can we make it more difficult for you. once you depart your airport, its in the airlines hands, then aruba's baggage hands.
    Maybe someone else can chime in, but I thought I had read that they were scanning arrivals from particular destinations.
    TRIP 15 Nov-Dec 2018

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    They do have luggage scanning machines located at the exit of the airport but the last two times we arrived they weren't using them. There were officers in the same area though but just waved us through.
    They using these machines to scan passengers arriving from Venezuela. But once,we hit the long line just to leave the airport, due to scanning Venezuelans passengers. We did not have to scan our luggage but spent good 10 minutes to leave airport.
    It happened just once, back in May,

Aruba since 1979
    that last "scan" is aruba customs.

they randomly choose folks to scan.
    the others are just waved through.

if you are carrying stuff from the aruba duty free, you may have a greater chance of being stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that last "scan" is aruba customs.

they randomly choose folks to scan.
    the others are just waved through.

if you are carrying stuff from the aruba duty free, you may have a greater chance of being stopped.
    that's what my husband said since you are only allowed certain amount from duty free.

When we were there this past June, they scanned our entire flights luggage on Arrival. Toronto flight. It also took over an hour for our baggage to appear on the baggage belt. In total it was almost 3 hours once we landed to get out of the airport. That was my 7th time on the island, never experienced anything like it before. Unfortunately I had 22 family and friends there and that was a horrible first impression. The flight passengers before us were being scanned as well.

It was every passenger.

what time did you arrive and what day of the week?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast