Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Arrival luggage scan

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    what time did you arrive and what day of the week?
    We arrived on a Monday at like 1:30pm.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by JCurl View Post
    We arrived on a Monday at like 1:30pm.
    Thank you, we arrive on a Tuesday at 4pm

What may have legally been put put on the plane in one country isnít necessarily legal in another.

Scanning arriving luggage is what they do in Australia.
    In their case they are looking for firearms.

If itís to increase security on the island, Iím all for it.

I fully support active customs inspections arriving in Aruba

Throughout the Middle East luggage is scanned for contraband to that particular country. Example, you can buy booze at duty free in Abu Dhabi, but it's illegal to bring booze into Kuwait. All luggage, checked and carry on, is x-rayed and inspected leaving the airport and every time entering your hotel. Keeps out the contraband and identifies problem people. I'm all for it, even in Aruba. If this was practiced in more places (I'm talking to you Las Vegas) maybe the world would be a little safer.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Throughout the Middle East luggage is scanned for contraband to that particular country. Example, you can buy booze at duty free in Abu Dhabi, but it's illegal to bring booze into Kuwait. All luggage, checked and carry on, is x-rayed and inspected leaving the airport and every time entering your hotel. Keeps out the contraband and identifies problem people. I'm all for it, even in Aruba. If this was practiced in more places (I'm talking to you Las Vegas) maybe the world would be a little safer.
    Vegas just might be listening. The Wynn has started scanning everyone entering the hotel. Security and dogs are highly visible. I agree that in these times steps like this are necessary. I don’t mind spending a little extra time in the Aruba airport going through security if it helps to keep us all safe.

Aruba since 1979
    disney in Fla for over a year, has been scanning as well.

we all need to feel safe.

re: aruba customs
    they are accomplishing at least 2 things: searching for contraband that in indeed is a safety feature AND collecting revenue on things brought in exceeding the duty free allotment

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    disney in Fla for over a year, has been scanning as well.

we all need to feel safe.

re: aruba customs
    they are accomplishing at least 2 things: searching for contraband that in indeed is a safety feature AND collecting revenue on things brought in exceeding the duty free allotment
    I couldn't agree more about feeling safe. I have no problem with it, I just was surprised because I've never seen it before. I wish they would do more extensive searches before I get on a plane. I have no problem with them going through my stuff and others. I'd rather be delayed at the airport then be a statistic.

Our last arrival was on a Wednesday and a few of our bags were scanned upon leaving the airport (not all bags though). I was asked a few questions about the Ozark cups we brought. She asked what the "metal vessels" were - I offered to open the luggage and she just waved me thru.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

On my last visit after waiting for close to 45 minutes for luggage to come down the conveyor belt, we had to join a long line to have our luggage scanned. On my previous trips I always got waved through.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast