Aruba Beach
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Arrival luggage scan

I am telling you that it is hit or miss. I go to Aruba 5 or 6 times a year and the last 2 times, they just wave you on. 3 times ago they scanned everyone and it was the longest line that I have ever seen. Even leaving Aruba. Sometimes its a breeze and sometime its a nightmare!!! What are we going to do about it. Just smile and say, we are in Paradise!!!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

I think things would go smoother if arrival drinks were provided to ease the wait.

I'm curious to know if anyone has ever seen people get their food confiscated on that arrival scan? I know many people take food with them and we have that thread as another topic just curious if anyone has seen this happen or if anyone has made it through this can with food and they didn't say anything?

Aruba since 1979
    We walked right thru.
    There was no Aruba customs agent present in the area

I was wondering about this too.

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I'm curious to know if anyone has ever seen people get their food confiscated on that arrival scan? I know many people take food with them and we have that thread as another topic just curious if anyone has seen this happen or if anyone has made it through this can with food and they didn't say anything?
    A couple of trips ago we flew Aruba Airlines and arrived at 9am. I had this brilliant (not-so) idea that after immigration while waiting at the baggage carousel I would go to Duffry and get two bottles and then my wife would do the same, it all worked out perfect, we stuffed the bottles in our suitcases and proceeded to Customs. they had us put all our bags on the xray belt. The agent says to me you have four bottles and are only allowed two and you have to go upstairs and pay the duty, 30 minutes later and $30 lighter we left the airport.

I had steaks in a soft cooler, a big package of nova, a dozen bagels, some other provisions and two bottles we brought from home that they didn't detect. I'm pretty sure the guy either saw us buying the bottles or the Duffry lady told him.

I've never had an issue with food.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234