Aruba Beach

Thread: Arriving by boat

Question Arriving by boat

Im currently in Colombia and will travel up to Venezuela and try to find a boat to take me to Aruba (or Curacao). I know there are floating markets so people go there by boat. Does anyone know it is actually possible for a (Dutch) traveller to arrive by boat, and how do things work with migracion and customs?
    Furthermore, I am flying back home to Holland from Aruba (or Curacao) but have no ticket yet. I will buy this at the airport, last minute. No problems with this?.. anyone have info, I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lascaron View Post
    Im currently in Colombia and will travel up to Venezuela and try to find a boat to take me to Aruba (or Curacao).
    There are no scheduled ferries or boats between Aruba and Bonaire, Curacao or Venezuela.

I know there are floating markets so people go there by boat.
    Could be wrong, but I don't believe this is still the case.

Does anyone know it is actually possible for a (Dutch) traveller to arrive by boat, and how do things work with migracion and customs?
    Arriving on private vessel
    http://www.renaissancemarina.com/
    http://www.renaissancemarina.com/forms/

Furthermore, I am flying back home to Holland from Aruba (or Curacao) but have no ticket yet. I will buy this at the airport, last minute. No problems with this?.. anyone have info, I will be happy.
    I would contact the airline directly for an answer to that question, in that due to security restrictions they may have an advance purchase requirement.

Lascaron, Arubalisa is correct there are no more boats in between the ABC Islands and Venezuela, so you will have to fly if you intend on visiting any of the islands, as far as flying back on a oneway ticket you will be spending lots of money especially if you buy last minute.