Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Arriving and departing at the airport, customes and immigration questions

Banned

Arriving and departing at the airport, customes and immigration questions

We head to Aruba in 17 days and I just read here about the new ED form that you can fill out online in advance so both of us did that this morning. But I'm a bit confused... do we show it to anyone? I saw where someone mentioned that customs is now more of a digital entry. So when we deplane and assuming the new Happy Flow at the airport is open what happens there? We are both Global Entry here and when we went to Australia 3 years ago we just went to a line where we scanned our passport in a machine and it took a bio-metric picture that compared it to our passport one and the gate opened and we stepped into Australia. Is this like that?

And on our exit, do we still go through the Aruba C&I and is it automated? Then I assume we still get our suitcases and go through US C&I and drop off our bags. Is there a separate section for Global Entry or if we are flying by first class like an "Elite" line?

Just curious.

Aruba since 1979
    when u enter aruba immigration upon arrival you will show your printed forms to the agent and he/she may or may not take them.
    she did not take ours.

yes exactly like you described..photo taken and gate opens.

maybe somone will be able to answer your elite and global question

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston View Post
    We head to Aruba in 17 days and I just read here about the new ED form that you can fill out online in advance so both of us did that this morning. But I'm a bit confused... do we show it to anyone? I saw where someone mentioned that customs is now more of a digital entry. So when we deplane and assuming the new Happy Flow at the airport is open what happens there? We are both Global Entry here and when we went to Australia 3 years ago we just went to a line where we scanned our passport in a machine and it took a bio-metric picture that compared it to our passport one and the gate opened and we stepped into Australia. Is this like that?

And on our exit, do we still go through the Aruba C&I and is it automated? Then I assume we still get our suitcases and go through US C&I and drop off our bags. Is there a separate section for Global Entry or if we are flying by first class like an "Elite" line?

Just curious.

When leaving there are global entry kiosks to the right of the Immigration hall. We always fly first class and I've never seen a special "elite" line in Aruba unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisinhouston View Post

Just curious.
    When departing, both Aruba immigration and U.S. customs are automated now. Although after using the machine in U.S. Customs you still need to wait in line for a customs agent for approval.

When flying first class out of Aruba the only elite/special line is at the airline check-in counter that is for first class passengers only.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Sedona, AZ: April/May 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    When departing and you're in the USA custom section, there are separate kiosks for global entry and separate line for the custom agent. That's about as special as it gets for global. But definitely better than not having it. Since we don't check luggage, flying first class for us does nothing until we are ready to board.

Banned
    Thanks everyone, that pretty much answers my questions. Just wanted to be prepared so things go smoothly. Getting excited with only 16 days left until we go.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    when u enter aruba immigration upon arrival you will show your printed forms to the agent and he/she may or may not take them.
    she did not take ours.

yes exactly like you described..photo taken and gate opens.

maybe somone will be able to answer your elite and global question
    Hi Andrea J

My wife doesn't have the newer chip embedded RFD US passport, I do. So will she get to scan it and go through or will she be held up a bit. That happened in Australia.

Aruba since 1979
    my husband and i have the older passports and they scanned just fine at aruba immigration.
    (apparently there is a bar code reader)

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Arrived in Aruba at four. When we got to immigration and looked down from top, there wasn't one person in line. We zipped through in about one minute. We had online form, didn't take it. Just wanted the written form.

The written form? The one you fill out on the plane?
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast