Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Arriving and departing at the airport, customes and immigration questions

Aruba since 1979
    glad that you breezed thru.
    same with us...they did not take the form that i printed..only took the ones that were filled out on the plane.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Arrived in Aruba at four. When we got to immigration and looked down from top, there wasn't one person in line. We zipped through in about one minute. We had online form, didn't take it. Just wanted the written form.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Even the checked baggage came through within minutes and we were the second people off the plane. Oh, for some info. We checked a beach chair. It doesn't come out baggage. United personnel were useless. However an airport worker was. He checked with customs and they directed him where it probably was. He took me through this security area and there is was.n United personnel are useless. I gave the kid ten bucks. He carried the chair to where Hans was waiting. He was so grateful and he didn't expect anything. There were other people waiting by United desk to get help, too. I just grabbed an aruban airport worker. Of course he helped. So if you check something like a stroller or chair, go to custom agent walking out and they will help. Airlines are useless.

Aruba since 1979
    did United require that the chair be placed in a carton when you checked it? did they provide tha carton and was there an additional charge?

my experience with "other checked things" (not luggage) arriving in aruba..... when they come out in aruba and were placed on the floor near the conveyor belt near where ones checked bags will arrive.

i am sorry to read that united's employees were not useful. we have found that SWA, JB and AA employees in aruba were always quite helpful.
    we have never flown united to/from aruba.

Even the checked baggage came through within minutes and we were the second people off the plane. Oh, for some info. We checked a beach chair. It doesn't come out baggage. United personnel were useless. However an airport worker was. He checked with customs and they directed him where it probably was. He took me through this security area and there is was.n United personnel are useless. I gave the kid ten bucks. He carried the chair to where Hans was waiting. He was so grateful and he didn't expect anything. There were other people waiting by United desk to get help, too. I just grabbed an aruban airport worker. Of course he helped. So if you check something like a stroller or chair, go to custom agent walking out and they will help. Airlines are useless.

Arrived in Aruba at four. When we got to immigration and looked down from top, there wasn't one person in line. We zipped through in about one minute. We had online form, didn't take it. Just wanted the written form.
    When I arrived they asked me for the form that they give out on the plane. I told them I filled it out online and had a printed copy. They told me they did not need it they could see it on their computer screen once they scanned my passport which when they did scan them they said yup I see the information. When I was done they told me I don't really need to print the form but probably should just in case. Confusing!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    No United took the chair and put it on the conveyor belt. I had called prior and they said to tie it so it doesn't open.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    When I arrived they asked me for the form that they give out on the plane. I told them I filled it out online and had a printed copy. They told me they did not need it they could see it on their computer screen once they scanned my passport which when they did scan them they said yup I see the information. When I was done they told me I don't really need to print the form but probably should just in case. Confusing!
    When we did a trip to Turkey in 2014 they have a similar online pre-registering onlinesystem which we did but somehow I printed out the wrong page. I had printed the page congratulating us for completing the process but missed the link for the actual completed form. The Turkish customs guy couldn't figure out what we had printed and kept asking for the form we should have printed, add to this that there was the obvious language barrier as we don't speak Turkish. Finally he shook his head and waved us on but his expression was like, "stupid American tourists!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12