Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Article about different boarding methods on airplanes.

Article about different boarding methods on airplanes.

There was a lot of talk in another post about how we board planes and I remembered this article I saw in the past. It's pretty interesting and shows timing of different boarding methods.

http://www.vox.com/2014/4/25/5647696...utely-no-sense
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Vey interesting! So which method you think is best? I think it makes sense the window rows first but if you are a couple or family, then you won't board together.

Quote Originally Posted by ace2063 View Post
    Vey interesting! So which method you think is best? I think it makes sense the window rows first but if you are a couple or family, then you won't board together.
    Which do I think is best....first class whenever possible But seriously, we usually have priority boarding with American or early bird with southwest so I never really thought much about it. I like the windows first approach, with exceptions made for families. I don't need to board with my husband, we have hours of sitting next to each other and then a week of hanging out follows the ride.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Very interesting. Funny that the fastest boarding method actually received the lowest customer satisfaction scores.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Our flight to Vegas this morning boarded back first. We ended up in a very long line. Who knew! They also is not to take our shoes off when going through security.aybe because it was TSA precheck. Oh yea, I would still rather be in Aruba.

Our flight to Vegas this morning boarded back first. We ended up in a very long line. Who knew! They also is not to take our shoes off when going through security. Maybe because it was TSA precheck. Oh yea, I would still rather be in Aruba.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Very interesting article, thanks for sharing. I wish I had seen that episode of Mythbusters hope it is a rerun some day. Love that show.

Here's that Mythbusters episode for you.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTaXUiDOMlc

I noticed the change in the method this last trip. Westjet tried it out.
    It worked pretty well (backfirst loading) in Toronto, not so well in Aruba.
    Somehow the group of conventioneers and the 2 couples from Quebec that decided to jump the line at the airport didn't get it.
    I have no idea how people can screw up and confuse simple instructions given only moments before,
    but somehow, we had something clog up the aisles pretty bad.
    Admittedly, once seated I didn't much care any longer, but I still had to sit, shake my head and wonder....

Oh I get it... it was vacation lag. We were all on Aruba/island time and couldn't quite move to airline speed.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks for the Mythbusers clip, Mr. Ratt

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    There was a lot of talk in another post about how we board planes and I remembered this article I saw in the past. It's pretty interesting and shows timing of different boarding methods.

http://www.vox.com/2014/4/25/5647696...utely-no-sense
    i love this part:

The small downside is that people who are sitting together can't board together, a problem for families with children and couples who inexplicably require continuous physical contact.

You know... Like prom dates. LOL

I'd never take a free-for-all seating flight. The outside in method makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast