Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Article about different boarding methods on airplanes.

I prefer to board with the people I am traveling with.

Also, I will pay for seats at time of booking (they are way cheaper at that time) to sit near the front so I can board earlier. I travel with a regulation size carry on which I want to be able to put in the overhead bin. Unfortunately, too many people who are sitting at the back of the plane walk in and put their carry on closer to the front. They take up the space meant for others and then when you get on the plane you can't find space for your bag. Most of the time we have a connection to make (one of the reasons for a paid seat near the front) and it is next to impossible to get your carry on from rows behind when everyone is trying to disembark. I would prefer that the flight attendants watch for this and have the person take their bag to their assigned seat area.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed
    often, we are seated in the row 10 area, and as we are seated and watching others board we see them put their overhead carry ons in a bin and keep on walking. never have we seen a flight attendant ask them to bring that carry on to the area where they will be sitting. it is frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I prefer to board with the people I am traveling with.

Also, I will pay for seats at time of booking (they are way cheaper at that time) to sit near the front so I can board earlier. I travel with a regulation size carry on which I want to be able to put in the overhead bin. Unfortunately, too many people who are sitting at the back of the plane walk in and put their carry on closer to the front. They take up the space meant for others and then when you get on the plane you can't find space for your bag. Most of the time we have a connection to make (one of the reasons for a paid seat near the front) and it is next to impossible to get your carry on from rows behind when everyone is trying to disembark. I would prefer that the flight attendants watch for this and have the person take their bag to their assigned seat area.

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    i love this part:

The small downside is that people who are sitting together can't board together, a problem for families with children and couples who inexplicably require continuous physical contact.

You know... Like prom dates. LOL

I'd never take a free-for-all seating flight. The outside in method makes sense.
    Lol!

We have flown Southwest a couple times because you can't beat the price for one of our few nonstop options, but it makes me so anxious not know where we will sit and having jus a few seconds to pick. The entire day I am wondering if the plane is full and hoping we pick the right place so that no one wants to sit next to us..lol.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Lol!

We have flown Southwest a couple times because you can't beat the price for one of our few nonstop options, but it makes me so anxious not know where we will sit and having jus a few seconds to pick. The entire day I am wondering if the plane is full and hoping we pick the right place so that no one wants to sit next to us..lol.
    There MUST be fights over seats! With people getting ticked over things like chairs reclining, I can't imagine that stampede doesn't elicit some issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12