Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: aruba airport authority is requesting ...3 to 4 hour allowance flying OUT of Aruba

Aruba since 1979

aruba airport authority is requesting ...3 to 4 hour allowance flying OUT of Aruba

http://aruba-daily.com/newspaper/?p=38917

the aruba airport authority is asking folks flying out of aruba to allow 3 or 4 hours due to USA gvmt shutdown!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Hope people take this seriously, does not sound like much fun. Hopefully this will not last very long and everyone packs their patience. Not a good way to leave "a Happy Island' by getting upset, get to airport early, relax with an extra tropical cocktail or two :-)

Wish my furlough days could be spent in Aruba!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    Wish my furlough days could be spent in Aruba!
    ...AND they are going to be paid days off

A friend of ours just left the island yesterday (he and his wife travel to Aruba every year in Sept. for 3 weeks.) They always leave on a Saturday and usually give themselves 2 1/2 - 3 hours prior to their flight. This year, with the travel warnings, they arrived at the airport 4 hours in advance. It took them a full 3 hours before arriving at their gate. Then they held the plane for an extra 30 minutes for the stragglers who did not give themselves enough time. The other passengers on the plane were livid since everyone had been warned and there was no excuse. Alot of people had connections to make and now the flight was late so who knows if they made their connections

Moral of the story: Until the gov't shutdown is over, plan for 4 hours prior to your flight (especially if you are flying back on a Sat. or Sun.)
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    I agree I would be stressed also sitting on a plane waiting for people who did not listen to warnings etc. I would believe a lot of people, myself included, have connecitons that need to be made. Not sure if pilots can make up time in the air if needed like cruise ship captains on the waters. I would have to guess every situtation and day is different.

But, wasn't it posted somewhere that TSA and Customs officials were not included in the shutdown....they were one of the groups that were not affected ????
    And, didn't the gov't agree to somekind of bill that would put everyone back to work.....
    Maybe I am dreaming, or I forgot to take my meds......teeheehee....
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

When I was at the Aruba airport returning home from my trip at the beginning of August, there was a sign posted at the entrance of the "luggage room" (right before the U.S. customs area) stating that no one should enter the customs area any sooner than two hours before one's scheduled flight. Has that changed? I would think so, or being at the airport so early doesn't seem to make sense if one gets through the earlier stages (airline ticket counter, Aruba immigration, Aruba security) rather quickly, as most often happens to me. Perhaps someone who has just returned from Aruba can shed further light on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    I agree I would be stressed also sitting on a plane waiting for people who did not listen to warnings etc. I would believe a lot of people, myself included, have connecitons that need to be made. Not sure if pilots can make up time in the air if needed like cruise ship captains on the waters. I would have to guess every situtation and day is different.
    The flight times are always "padded" in the event of delays. So when a pilot says "we got you in early today", they really didn't. That is just the time it SHOULD take. This way airlines have fewer delays to report. So I know if my flight leaves less than 30 minutes late that chances are good we will still be "on time".
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    The problem is if you don't go to this site, how do you know? I haven't read anything about being there 3-4 hours prior. If I didn't look today, I wouldn't know. Not everyone brings a tablet with them. Its unfair to blame people who may be flying to know that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast