Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Aruba Airport News Release

Aruba since 1979

Aruba Airport News Release

https://www.airportaruba.com/press-r...e-departure-35

US passengers check in 3 hours before departure

ORANJESTAD - Recently, US TSA has ordered all carriers flying into the US, to implement Revised Security measures for all passengers travelling from all destinations to the US.
    Aruba Airport Authority N.V. (AAA), operator of Aeropuerto Internacional Reina Beatrix, has been working with all Airline partners and other stakeholders in this process and have made necessary arrangements to comply with above new requirements.
    Effective July 19, 2017, a new Prohibited Items /Exemption List will be implemented and travellers from Aruba to the US will be subject to additional screening of Personal Electronic Devices (PED’s).
    Although AAA and the Airlines have made all necessary arrangements to make the transition to these new requirements as smooth and seamless as possible for the traveller, passengers to the US might still experience some processing delays due to the new requirements.
    To counteract any possible delays, AAA encourages all US bound passengers to make sure to check in 3 hours prior to scheduled departure time.
    Passengers travelling to the US that have concerns about transport of their PED’s should consult their respective Airline for further details.

Interesting. The same thing is happening all over the world. Most airports involved in the original electronic ban in the Middle East have been cleared and PED's are allowed on most flights from there now. I'm sure, especially with a US Pre-Clearance facility in Aruba, it will be mostly transparent. I'd still comply with the airports recommendation of 3 hours during peak times.

The same is being applied to travelers flying out of T&T. Hopefully they will adhere to the new rules instead of being on "Island Time."

Thanks for the heads up!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Are they going to open earlier for the early morning American Airlines flight? My guess is no.

Anyone who has returned recently, what has happened when you have an electronic device bigger than a phone, say a kindle, when departing Aruba?

Hoping for a 30th anniversary trip to our favorite place.

Aruba since 1979
    kindles, iPads etc are supposed to be taken out of the carry on bag and put in the grey tray that goes thru xray

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    kindles, iPads etc are supposed to be taken out of the carry on bag and put in the grey tray that goes thru xray
    Didn't we always do that? I know I always took mine out, IPad (though not my kindle). I thought we had to. Now I guess we really do.

Aruba since 1979
    when we leave aruba, over the last number of years, for us, it has pretty much stayed the same going thru for security.
    shoes off, tablets, laptops, and last couple of times, even the iphone plus, has come out and put into the gray plastic bin.

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    Didn't we always do that? I know I always took mine out, IPad (though not my kindle). I thought we had to. Now I guess we really do.

When we flew to Amsterdam in July we had to change planes in Frankfurt and go through security again. I had a label on the back of my Kindle which is in a case-one of the ones you make with a label maker-name and phone # on it. They thought the label was something I hid in the kindle-(they didn't look at the back of the device). They pulled it aside, demanded my passport and boarding pass and called over the police with their automatic rifle and their bullet proof vests. They just told me that they think I hid something in the Kindle. I told them I had a label on the back and showed it to them. They consulted the screen again and kept saying it looked like it was inside that is why they were concerned. I turned it on and they finally let us go. The label is now off the kindle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast