Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Aruba article about precautions against Ebola, good plan in place

Aruba article about precautions against Ebola, good plan in place

With all of the Ebola news I wondered if there was any information for Aruba. I found an article that gave me some comfort knowing that the island is considered low risk with no direct flights from Africa and immigration will be paying attention to those traveling recently in high risk areas. Here is the link

http://amigoe.com/english/189438-imm...le-ebola-cases
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    http://amigoe.com/english/189438-imm...le-ebola-cases

the amigoe article was from aug 11

i am wondering if protocol has changed since then?

today, the 2nd healthcare worker in texas was diagnosed.

this has got to be brought under control soon.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    I'm starting to fear getting on airplanes not knowing what destinations they have been to or what passengers they have carried before me. We all know planes are not sanitized. Scary world we are living in.

Aruba since 1979
    yes indeed lewny1...............
    kinda like STD's..........you are not only "sleeping with your partner, but his former partner, and their former partners"
    scary.

we will be vacationing in aruba with friends who will be at lacabana and other friends at bananas apartments..........the conversations between them have been a lot about airline sanitation or lack thereof.

Divi links, pool, beach, lighthouse, Arikok National Park, etc.
    People think I'm crazy for bringing my chlorox wipes on planes, but I wipe EVERYTHING down. My husband sat in the aisle seat across from me on our last trip and told his seatmates (whom we didn't know) that I was crazy as they stared at me wide-eyed as I wiped down all the trays, seat backs and window ledges for me, my mom and my daughter. I can care less what people think - I don't want anyone else's germs (especially in this day and age with Ebola and Enterovirus D68 and Lord knows what else is out there). I can't tell you how many people I know that come back from trips where they had to fly and they get so sick a few days later. Betters safe than sorry.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewny1 View Post
    People think I'm crazy for bringing my chlorox wipes on planes, but I wipe EVERYTHING down. My husband sat in the aisle seat across from me on our last trip and told his seatmates (whom we didn't know) that I was crazy as they stared at me wide-eyed as I wiped down all the trays, seat backs and window ledges for me, my mom and my daughter. I can care less what people think - I don't want anyone else's germs (especially in this day and age with Ebola and Enterovirus D68 and Lord knows what else is out there). I can't tell you how many people I know that come back from trips where they had to fly and they get so sick a few days later. Betters safe than sorry.
    I always do the same thing. People look at me like I'm nuts but I really don't care. When we cruise, I wipe down everything in the cabin. It is just too easy to get norovirus on a ship. When we get to the condo in Aruba, I wipe down the light switches, tv remote, phones. Those are the places that don't get cleaned by the staff. I've heard on the news that the tray tables on airplanes are full of germs. I've gotten sick several times after flying in the past, so now I do whatever I can to prevent it.

I never thought of the clorox wipes, but it is a great idea. I recommended to our friends to buy snorkel sets. I know the tours "sanitize" them but I figure that is a precaution worth taking. I am not a germ-a-phobe but lately I find myself being more vigilant.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 10-15-2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: spelling

I would think it would be fairly easy for someone to fly from west Africa to anywhere in Europe and then on to Aruba or through the US to Aruba.

Thomas Eric Duncan flew from his home in Liberia to Brussels, Belgium to Washington Dulles to Dallas.

Couldn't have just as easily been Liberia to Belgium to Amsterdam to Aruba?

St Vincent and the Grenadines have already banned nationals from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone from entery, today St. Lucia followed suit.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...-hit-countries

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    I would think it would be fairly easy for someone to fly from west Africa to anywhere in Europe and then on to Aruba or through the US to Aruba.

Thomas Eric Duncan flew from his home in Liberia to Brussels, Belgium to Washington Dulles to Dallas.

Couldn't have just as easily been Liberia to Belgium to Amsterdam to Aruba?

St Vincent and the Grenadines have already banned nationals from Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone from entery, today St. Lucia followed suit.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...-hit-countries
    The article I linked did say immigration was involved and those who have,been in certain countries will be supervised for 21 days. That is vague and also doesnt stop anyone infected from getting on our plane at BWI or MIA. As for me, I choose to believe that God has plan for me and I should try a little harder not to be afraid of things like this while still using good judgement.

I love that idea. Thank you, I will be buying a box wipes!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast