Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Aruba article about precautions against Ebola, good plan in place

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I just found this article about the cleaning of planes and protecting yourself from germs when flying.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel...erms/17044509/

Aruba since 1979
    Thanks hatteras!!

And this is Aruba related how??? I think everyone is concerned about the Ebola virus and spreading germs in general, but I think this is a bit off topic??

Aruba since 1979
    yes off topic sort of.......
    i at least moved it into airline category

hope this suffices

Imo it IS related to Aruba due to the fact that Thomas Eric Duncan flew from his home in Liberia to Brussels, Belgium to Washington Dulles to Dallas. He could have as easily traveled from Liberia to Amsterdam to Aruba.

Like the people sitting on a cruise ship with a healthcare worker who handled samples of the now deceased Thomas Eric Duncan, we spend thousands of dollars on vacations to Aruba. When they are in jeopardy, people ARE rightfully concerned.

Should I mention the lack of knowledge on the part of the US government when it comes to dealing with Ebola? They keep reassuring us that it is nothing to be concerned with yet they keep finding holes in their "so called" protocols which were supposed to protect the health care workers in the first place.

Would any of us be concerned if they had been on either Cleveland flight with Amber Vinson? We talk all the time about picking up viruses and respiratory ailments on airplanes. Aruba article about precautions against Ebola, good plan in place Again our government is assuring us it is not an airborne virus but what about any object she may have sneezed on and those particles in the air being sucked into the ventilation system?

Aruba since 1979
    this is one reason i did not move this tread to OFF TOPIC

Sometimes I get so hot without my vent open but honestly I got sick right after a flight to FT Lauderdale to get on a cruise. I spent the first 4 days in bed on that cruise and I will not turn the vent on ever again, to each his own! ; )

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I just read a post from someone from Canada on a cruise forum that people in Canada are "screaming" for the US borders to be closed, due to our ebola cases.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    My god... Everybody calm down: this is just like when the AIDS crisis first hit... People dealing in rumour rather than science.

The Ebola virus is transmitted through direct contact with humans. It cannot be transmitted through toilet seats, arm rests, windows, tray tables etc. the virus cannot remain stable in the open air.

Facts are not found in USA Today. Go to the CDC and NIH. You have more chance of dying from the flu than Ebola... Get your flu shot!
    This is not correct according to the CDC.

Here is an excerpt of the CDC website:

Q&As on Transmission

How long does Ebola live outside the body?

Ebola is killed with hospital-grade disinfectants (such as household bleach). Ebola on dried on surfaces such as doorknobs and countertops can survive for several hours; however, virus in body fluids (such as blood) can survive up to several days at room temperature.

And:

Can Ebola spread by coughing? By sneezing?

Unlike respiratory illnesses like measles or chickenpox, which can be transmitted by virus particles that remain suspended in the air after an infected person coughs or sneezes, Ebola is transmitted by direct contact with body fluids of a person who has symptoms of Ebola disease. Although coughing and sneezing are not common symptoms of Ebola, if a symptomatic patient with Ebola coughs or sneezes on someone, and saliva or mucus come into contact with that personís eyes, nose or mouth, these fluids may transmit the disease.

More info at link:

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/transmission/qas.html

IMO, it's a big concern if a person who is infected with Ebola would travel in an airplane or any other public transportation or just being out in public instead of being in quarantine.

It took only 26 days by the time Mr. Thomas Eric Duncan was infected with Ebola until he died of the virus.

I guess I am alarmist if I point out the interview i just listened to where the gentleman flew from Monrovia, Liberia to Belgium to Atlanta.

The monitoring in Atlanta took almost 2 hours, however, he "could have" been on the plane with someone exhibiting symptoms. There was NO SCREENING in Belgium and a 10 hour layover.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast