Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: To Aruba? Where do you leave from?

Since I live in North Jersey I fly out of Newark Liberty on United. It's about 35 min. from our house. I'll only fly nonstop so United is my only choice. I could go to JFK or La Guardia but it's such a hassle and I go weeks 4 & 5 so you never know what the weather will be.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We head out of Boston's Logan Airport on JetBlue. Since it's always an early morning flight we like to stay at the airport Hilton the night before. It's nice to get to sleep a little later and not deal with Boston traffic. We used to have a ferry direct to the airport which I loved but it closed unfortunately.
    That would be so cool to be able to take a ferry to the airport! Too bad it closed must have been a fun way to start your trip

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    We have always flown out of BDL (Hartford) and it is a 40 min. drive as we take the back roads, I don't like highwaysotherwise could be a little shorter. BDL used to have direct but after 9/11 no longer have, keeping fingers crossed someday it will return. We are creatures of habit so usually fly to Charlotte and connect to AUA and sometimes return via PHL. This past year we used our miles on American and flew to MIA, I still prefer Charlotte and do like a little while to rest between flights. I will not do PHL again coming home, gates are way too far apart was not fun last year especially after a delay leaving AUA. Not to mention I really do not like the smaller plane home from PHL, it is a nice short fight 40 mins. but the plane just never looks safe to me Will try to stick with CLT both ways. I was checking out flights on Delta and their planes look so much nicer but because of our miles on American feel "locked in" to use them.

We live in Minneapolis so fly out of MSP Airport which is only about a 10 minute drive from our house (easy taxi ride to/from.) We have the options to Aruba of Delta, American, and United. We always fly Delta (with an Atlanta connection) because that's who we use for business travel and other vacations so we're both Delta Medallion members (free upgrades to FC when available.) I think the Aruba flight is one of the few trips we make with a connection - even some of our Europe trips are non-stop.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- South Beach, FL: Feb. 2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

We fly out of the tiny little "International" airport in Norfolk to either Charlotte or Miami. Non-stop is not an option for us, but we don't mind doing a layover, it breaks up the flight and lets us explore new places.

We do the same - love Jet Blue arrival by noon! Years ago, I think before JB went direct - we flew Delta out of Providence. It was actually great. Parking is easy and cheaper than Logan, at least it was then. The airport is smaller so easy to navigate. Had to connect through Atlanta so that was a bit more stressful as that is a huge airport, but all in all, went well. We'll see what we do when JB opens up their schedule for October but we do love JB!

They tried a ferry out this summer to Rowe's Wharf. My sister and I took it to go shopping this summer. Much better than taking the T to Boston. Hopefully they bring it back next year. Rumor has it if it is successful they will expand the service. Hopefully they will add Logan.

An hour from mco, always stay the night before..leave our car and jump on the shuttle, always to SWA
    Thinking about FLL....jet blue
    plus there is a restaurant called Kellys Landing with
    the amazing new england seafood

Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Boston Logan..... just under an hour away from us and always jetBlue non stop...... arrive right after noon.
    Same here, two hours away from Boston Logan.

We live in north central Wisconsin so our options are limited. Fri-Sat-Sun are the only days of the week we can make the flight in one day. Have 4 regional airports that connect with the Chicago United non-stop. We always fly FC and the United 'fair games' are amazing. Most often it is less expensive to fly from the regional and connect in Chicago than to drive to Chicago and take the flight from there. This year we are flying out of Madison, WI to Chicago to Aruba. If we drove to Chicago and flew Chicago-Aruba, the FC ticket would be $200 PP more. Go figure.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast