Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: To Aruba? Where do you leave from?

Same for us Joe. Much cheaper to fly and connect somewhere. I've considered driving a few hours, but research showed the price to be more when flying direct. Might as well just fly from home.

We fly out of Syracuse, NY. There are no direct flights to Aruba, but with one connection we can usually arrive on the island by 1:30 if we catch a 6:00 AM flight. We have a number of options, with either Jet Blue, Delta, United or American Airlines. We've connected at JFK, La Guardia, Philly, Atlanta and Charolette. Delta has been our primary carrier the last few trips, as their itinerary and cost have been the best for us. We like the Charolette route, but American has been on the higher end for us lately. Jet Blue has started to be more competitive lately, but we usually book before their schedule opens up. Perhaps that will change now since we won't be worrying about accommodations. A few times we've flown different airlines each way. We're always looking for the most reasonable way to get there and back.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Non-stop is just a dream from here. We live 10 miles north of Tulsa, Ok. The Tulsa airport is 6 miles north of Tulsa so its about a 15 minute drive to the airport. We started going to Aruba in 1995 and the only option to arrive same day was American Airlines. The trip was TUL-DFW-MIA-AUA. Or it could be TUL-ORD-SJU-AUA. The return flight was the reverse of these. Most of these flights would depart between 7am and 9am, change planes twice and arrive between 8pm and 10:30pm. 12 to 14 hours in transit is a long day. We never arrived on Aruba before dark. Usually around 9pm. Thankfully Delta started a flight from TUL to ATL at 6 am about 6 years ago and we can connect there with the Aruba flight at 10:30am. We have flown on Delta since then. It is TUL-ATL-AUA. We now arrive at 2:20 in the afternoon and depart at 3:30. On AA we almost always had to catch the 9am flight back.

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    We are 40 mins from Newark. We usually take the 7 am non-stop on United. Unless we have a free ticket on AA which we do now. With AA we have to change planes in Miami.

We live in Columbus, Ohio so we fly out of John Glenn International Airport, no direct flights. We usually fly American Airlines with a stop in Charlotte. Not too bad of a flight. American is the cheapest flight. I would love a non stop but I do not see that happening. We leave early in the am and are usually in Aruba about 11:30.

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    Since I live in North Jersey I fly out of Newark Liberty on United. It's about 35 min. from our house. I'll only fly nonstop so United is my only choice. I could go to JFK or La Guardia but it's such a hassle and I go weeks 4 & 5 so you never know what the weather will be.
    We also, in Western Morris County. EWR non stop or my wife will not fly with connections. Spoiled after all these years.

We live in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. We drive 4 hours to Toronto then take a five hour flight to Aruba. Usually, we are driving through a snow storm. One year it took us 8 hours. Well worth it to get to the happy place!

Yet another Boston/Logan user. Jet Blue non-stop. Wears use the Logan Express shuttle to the airport.

Flew non-stop Jet Blue from Boston for 6 years. Took the bus from Londonderry, NH (10 minutes from home, free parking) right to the terminal, so easy. The Jet Blue price finally got to me last year. We now fly SW with one stop from Manchester, NH. The airport is 10 minutes from home. We'll be flying SW again this year the end of February.

Fly Jet Blue out of Boston my son drives us in we leave so early that it only takes him 20 min. to get us there. In Aruba by 11:30 AM. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast