Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32

Thread: Average R/T Cost?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Shnyda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The pool @ Gold Coast Aruba, Holiday Inn Casino, Arashi Beach, Sunset @ California Lighthouse, Baby Beach, Our friends hotels/timeshares when they are on the Island at the same time as us
    Age
    39
    Posts
    978
    I'm very jealous! Hopefully I didn't jump the gun.
    -Eric, Karen and Mia-
    Aruba New Years 2017-18 12/28/17 - 1/3/18 (18th Trip)


  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Renaissance Island early in the morning floating on a raft.
    Posts
    66
    We paid $416.70 RT from ATL for 27 Jun - 02 Jul. The next day it went up to $576.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    288
    Amy the prices will drop! I use to watch them and watch them. I wait until about October and thats when I get a good price.

  4. #14
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by DushiHeidi View Post
    Amy the prices will drop! I use to watch them and watch them. I wait until about October and thats when I get a good price.
    Thanks, Heidi!

    I'm going to hold off until I see them back in the $500-$550 range again - I know I can at least live with that price. We're paying alot more for hotel for NYE so I definitely want to save as much as I can on flights.

    We usually go for 17 days in Sept. and this trip over NYE for 7 days is going to cost us the same amount. But...I want to experience NYE in Aruba at least once in my lifetime.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  5. #15
    Senior Member Shnyda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The pool @ Gold Coast Aruba, Holiday Inn Casino, Arashi Beach, Sunset @ California Lighthouse, Baby Beach, Our friends hotels/timeshares when they are on the Island at the same time as us
    Age
    39
    Posts
    978
    What days are you looking at Amy? We had SOOOO much fun last year.... The Ling fireworks were amazing!!
    -Eric, Karen and Mia-
    Aruba New Years 2017-18 12/28/17 - 1/3/18 (18th Trip)


  6. #16
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnyda View Post
    What days are you looking at Amy? We had SOOOO much fun last year.... The Ling fireworks were amazing!!
    We're looking at Dec. 29 - Jan. 5.

    Our usual room at Amsterdam Manor is already booked. Now we need the flights...and I guess I should book our car now, too.

    Is the Ling fireworks on the 30th?

    I think we'll probably do the NYE dinner/party thing at Amsterdam Manor - they always have a big party either at Tulip or at Passions.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  7. #17
    Member JRosco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    I'll tell you when I get back! ;)
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnyda View Post
    Hopefully I didn't jump the gun.
    That's why Im hesitant to buy my ticket, I don't want to see the price drop a week after I bought it! Then again, I don't want it to go up either. What to do..what to do!

  8. #18
    Senior Member Shnyda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    The pool @ Gold Coast Aruba, Holiday Inn Casino, Arashi Beach, Sunset @ California Lighthouse, Baby Beach, Our friends hotels/timeshares when they are on the Island at the same time as us
    Age
    39
    Posts
    978
    Jrosco - isnt it stressful? Sometimes you just need to go for it and hope for the best.

    Amy - The Ling fireworks were on the 30th last year - I would assume the same for this year. It was so much fun - they were selling Balashi and other treats in the parking lot. People started getting early! The ony real issue was the traffic getting out of there.
    -Eric, Karen and Mia-
    Aruba New Years 2017-18 12/28/17 - 1/3/18 (18th Trip)


  9. #19
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,690
    Quote Originally Posted by JRosco View Post
    That's why Im hesitant to buy my ticket, I don't want to see the price drop a week after I bought it! Then again, I don't want it to go up either. What to do..what to do!
    You just have to know what price you're comfortable paying.

    For example, if I pay $550 for my ticket and it drops to $480....yeah, bummer for me because I could have saved a little but the $550 price was still a price I felt comfortable paying so I don't really worry about it. So set a price for yourself, watch for it, and then book it when it's one you can live with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shnyda View Post
    Amy - The Ling fireworks were on the 30th last year - I would assume the same for this year. It was so much fun - they were selling Balashi and other treats in the parking lot. People started getting early! The ony real issue was the traffic getting out of there.
    That's why we'd like to arrive on the 29th. Then we can have a nice relaxing beach day on the 30th and get ready for all of the festivities.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  10. #20
    Member JRosco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    I'll tell you when I get back! ;)
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnyda View Post
    Jrosco - isnt it stressful? Sometimes you just need to go for it and hope for the best.
    At this point in time, not really, but if I wait till the last minute it will stress me out a little.


    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    You just have to know what price you're comfortable paying.

    For example, if I pay $550 for my ticket and it drops to $480....yeah, bummer for me because I could have saved a little but the $550 price was still a price I felt comfortable paying so I don't really worry about it. So set a price for yourself, watch for it, and then book it when it's one you can live with.

    Im fairly comfortable pay $550 for a r/t, but I just really like getting a deal!

    Secretary here at work who makes many flight reservations says that the best time to get "deals" is on Wednesday nights, and early Thursday mornings. Im going to give it a shot and see if the price drops at all, otherwise Im just going to buy it at $550 and wait till my flight leaves!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO