Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Avianca airlines

Suriname Airways from Orlando is a direct flight to Aruba and back.

When are they going? I'd be interesting in hearing how it goes for them. I'm traveling from BOS to AUA in March and the JetBlue prices are VERY HIGH. I've seen Avianca come up in my searches, but the idea of stopping in Colombia doesn't sit well with me. Especially on the way back, I assume you would leave out of the International Terminal, not pass US customs in Aruba, and have to do it in Boston.

Boca Catalina, Baby beach, the lighthouse at sunrise & Pure beach
    They'll be going in july. ...there son is from Columbia. ...

I agree on Copa and free booze all class of service. They serve this really good Panamanian rum called Abuelo.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    That Bogota layover is sometimes longer than scheduled. I know from experience. However, they serve free booze even in economy .

You've taken this flight?

That's odd that your friends were unable to get a booking with a US airline to Aruba? At present travelers to Aruba from Trinidad and Tobago have to connect through Panama via Copa, and in some cases because they have a partnership agreement with Avianca they even have flights which involve connecting through
    Panama then onto Bogota before going onto Aruba. We used to connect through Curacao and travel with Insel Air onto Aruba. However as of March of this year when Insel suspended their service to and from T&T, travel agents here have been given instructions not to sell any tickets for Insel Air. So for now Panama is our connection destination for Aruba with Copa Airlines. Have your friends already booked and paid for their tickets?? And will they have to connect through Bogota on their way back? If so then when departing Aruba they will have to go through the Non-U.S. departure terminal; and while not as long as the U.S departure terminal in terms of lines and waiting it will mean undergoing customs and immigration on arrival back in the States.

They could get a flight from a US airlines but they have 9 people that are flying and found a good fare

They should be fine. have flown them a fair amount of times and while they do have some reliability issues, it's nowhere near as bad as insel air or ryanair. Last couple of times I flew went without issue

Thanks for your inut Arawak. I'll pass that on to them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12