Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Day to Check In &/or Fly

I am looking into checking in on Friday 10/08/2010 - but if we can check in on Thursday - that is even better.

As for crowds at the Surf Club ~ when we arrived to check in last year (our first time in Aruba) we didn't know all the cool rules. Like the baggage folks will take you bags at curb side - then you can go get in line - once you have your room - go back & give the boys a small card & they will deliver your bags to the room..

When we arrived at the Surf Club I was overwhelmed at how nice it was. I got in line - maybe the 5th one back while hubby went & got us cool clothes they were handing out at the door - scented with lavendar - nice touch. Then he went to the store & got us ice cold soda - by then I was at the counter & we went up in our oom within minutes.
    We were there in May of last year & never saw a crowd. We got chairs by the pool - did the lazy river all morning - not a problem. We rented a car the next day, no lines.

The place is so big - that even when they are full - we never felt crowded.

FattyPatty - you own at the Surf Club?? I think when we go in Ocotber - we may listen to the time share presentation - I'd love to buy a week in Aruba!

Linda

OK, you have never seen full until you have been there at Christmas!!
    We own at that time plus during the winter time, which is much quieter than Christmas. October is not high season so you won't have the issues that you do during high season.

We generally try to go to Aruba a day or two before our assigned check in day. We just rent from the Surf Club. Flights are also cheaper if you fly out on a Thursday or Friday.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thanks for the info. I'll try for a Thursday check-in/check-out at the Surf Club.

L

tuesdays and wednesdays have been pretty easy and fast. tue to tue or a wed. to wed. in and outbound.
    you can't do anything about the length of time it takes to get off the island though, the first time I had to I was like "you mean I have to take off my shoes and do this all over again!?"
    oh well, it's worth it!

Just everything about it is great, pool, beach location. Can't wait.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

I know. . . . . . we can't wait either & we have over a year to go!! October 2010 can't come fast enough!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12