Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best time to book?

Best time to book?

Does anyone know if it is better to book airfare before Christmas, after Christmas but before New Years, or after New Years? Didn't know if there was any method to the madness! We will be traveling spring or summer '12.

Aruba since 1979

airfare watchdog
    kayak

(for example)

my spring tix have been booked for a month (american $380 pp incl tax from orlando)
    decide on what you want to pay.......and then search.

if you book with jetblue and fares drop and you notice they drop, call jet blue and get a jetblue credit.

you may also want to check out more threads on this subject.

in the search menu on left........click search enter, AIRFARE BOOKING and see what comes up

We Book as soon as rates released, on Jet blue, then watch rates for reductions . 488 RT Portland Me to Aruba !

booked for Spring already

Quote Originally Posted by luckylady30 View Post
    We Book as soon as rates released, on Jet blue, then watch rates for reductions .

Keep in mind that is good for strategy for JB. We fly Delta and non-refundable tickets get no refund on a lower price unless you pay the change fee

I agree with Andrea and set up the airfare monitor. We use kayak.com For summer travel there will be AT LEAST one airfare sale.

For accommodations for summer you can easily wait until end of January for summer specials.

Thanks!

We are going to Aruba in August. Today the cheapest ticket is over 700.00

I really am hoping that after the holidays it will come down. I will pay 500 (maybe a tad over)
    have always paid a little under 500 for our past trips so 700 is way outta budget. (3 tickets would cost way too much money)

Summer fares

I am also waiting to book for August. Flights are very high close to 700 from BDL (haRTFORD ct) to AUA ... Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I still wait??? Thanks for your time....Aruba lover.....

Fares overall seem to be higher this year.

Personally I would book at the airfare you feel most comfortable paying.

Right now from all indications from many folks, unless the fare is on sale, fares are not necessarily as low as they have been in the past few years.

I booked my flight a few weeks ago and then noticed this past Friday that the price went DOWN!!!! I fly Airtran so a phone call and they gave me the new price. Not sure if all the cities are cheaper but worth a look.

Air Tran

Hi, We have always used USAir non stop from Philly. I just learned Air Tran has a direct non stop flight to Aruba. Air Tran is showing a price much better than USAir. How have you found their service , flight cancellations, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast