Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best time of year to buy tickets?

Best time of year to buy tickets?

I am planning a return trip to Aruba in October of 2010 (just recently came back from my first year). For those who have been going for a while, any suggestions on the best time to buy airline tickets? Is it better to buy them early to make sure you have them or, if you wait a while, do the prices get better? I am a very novice traveler (to anywhere really) and could use some advice!

Thanks!

It depends where you are flying from.We fly out of ewr and also go in October.We check the prices a couple of weeks before our weeks are posted and than when our weeks are available we have an idea what it costs.Right now Continental out of Newark is $349 non stop,with taxes for two tickets$850.This is a great price.Don't forget to add your extra baggage fee of $25 for your second bag....each way

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Continental told me this morning that the 2nd bag is now $30.00 each way.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz - Aruba Lover View Post
    Continental told me this morning that the 2nd bag is now $30.00 each way.
    We just returned the end of October and only paid $25 for our 2nd bag each way.Unless they changed that too.I wish Southwest flew out of Newark....THEY LOVE BAGS.....And we love our 2nd bag......

Eagle Beach LaQuinta Beach Resort Bugaloe Pier
    Our tickets were for November 7 - 21 out of Boston on American. (We are in paradise now.) I bought our tickets on April 15 for $387 non-stop including all taxes. I was thrilled at that price. I like kayak.com. You can set up email alerts for when the price drops.

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    I have been checking prices out of Erw for end of jan begin of feb (not presidents week) and for about 2-3 weeks now they have been sitting at 360.00 (plus all taxes and stuff) (we went in march last year, and i cant remember what we paid, somewhere around 320ish....with a package deal)

I hope we go, we have to pay for 3 tickets as we will bring the kids this time...(my baby is only 17 months, so I believe she is min amount because she will be a lap child!)

sometimes if you are doing a package deal (hotel and air) seem to get a better price.

The earlier you book the more choices of seating preference, Flying in & out Aruba you want the left side, so you can see the approach, & wave Ayo when you leave!

Flight Prices

Hey everyone i am a newbie to this forum but have been to Aruba a couple times. I never heard of this forum and then was told about it and have found it to be extremely helpful. The previous two times i have been there were with my family and they paid for the flights. However now i will be going with my girlfriend and was wondering what i should expect for a flight. i do not want to buy one on the high end unless i need to. I am currently finding prices around $500 and i am going out of NY. The dates i will be there are leaving NY June 26 and coming back July 3. Any help would be great. I look forward to everyones response and suggestions.

Thumbs up

If that is a price for a direct flight (no stop over ) then consider that a good deal. On average i t costs me from jfk $500- $65o to Aruba( round trip). Once in a blue moon a last minute bargain from jet blue or american (last 2 or 3 seats available ) is offered as low as $300 .

Aruba since 1979
    try jet blue and AA

also too
    www.kayak.com will show a multitude of flights and prices.

anything below $525 is a good deal imo.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast