Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best time of year to buy tickets?

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    a few weeks ago, out of newark sunday to friday was 278.00 checked the other day and its now over 600.00 YIKES!!! ah wish dh was on board and we would have bought when it was 278. (this was for feb!)

Thanks everyone. I booked for me and my girlfriend at 496 a piece non stop arriving in aruba at lunch time. I was also able to pick my seats so we are not stuck in the back of the plane . Once again thanks everyone for giving me the ball park averages. My current flight i have been tracking and it is now selling for $527

Been try to book flights for December and can only find them in economy for $1,200 per ticket from Newark. Is that because airlines haven't put seats out yet?

Its early for dec, they usually don't come out until about june.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Delta has already made two changes to my itinerary but with 112 days to go the planes are pretty much empty and I have my pick of seats.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysmiles View Post
    Everyone has gotten better prices than us but we are flying from our small town to Chicago because it was cheaper going that way than driving to chicago, staying over night, paying for gas, food etc. But it's direct from Chicago so it's worth what we're paying in our opinion.
    suunysmiles; we do the same. Fly into Chicago from a regional in northern wisconsin. For many years we drove to 5 hrs to Chicago. Going is not so bad but it's a terrible way to end a wonderful vacation. We also catch the United non-stop. Looks like we're traveling at the same time. We're out on March 6th.

Although we pay considerably more than the folks on the east coast, it's a good value. $721 pp.

Enjoy your vacation.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Airfare From BOS to AUA

I just booked two flights on USAir fro BOS to AUA with layovers in Philly for $1010.70 a piece!!
    Its April vacation week Saturday to Saturday

I usually visit in the "off season" and never pay more than $400 for a flight so this was an adjustment!

Either way I can't wait!

Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    ERW TO AUA.. contential has some specials 280.00 round trip. looks like leaving on thrusday or fridays.... and returning 7 days later.
    I have seen for a slect few dates in march and april.
    Goodness I wish I could get my dh on board!!!

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by Snidely View Post
    suunysmiles; we do the same. Fly into Chicago from a regional in northern wisconsin. For many years we drove to 5 hrs to Chicago. Going is not so bad but it's a terrible way to end a wonderful vacation. We also catch the United non-stop. Looks like we're traveling at the same time. We're out on March 6th.

Although we pay considerably more than the folks on the east coast, it's a good value. $721 pp.

Enjoy your vacation.
    We paid about $800 pp but again, it's SO worth it to us. And I totally agree about the drive home from Chicago afterwards-not my idea of a fun end to a vacation. This will get us into town with a 15-minute drive home-love that!
    Our vacations do overlap. I'll keep my eye out for you Joe. My in-laws are at Dutch Village so we'll be over that way quite a bit I'm sure. We're at Caribbean Palm until the 20th then we move to Dutch Village til the 27th). ENJOY!!!!

JetBlue is offering DIRECT flights from Boston during the 1st week of April for $365 R/T.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast