Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Big problem with travel

I always find that the earlier you book the cheaper it is, as a general rule. The more the flights fill up the more expensive they become.

Our Christmas flights we book in Jan/Feb. to get the best price and we watch the pricing and it does seem to hold true.

Being in Canada, there is only one airline that flies direct to Aruba (Air Canada) and the cost is unbelievable! We do not live in Toronto so if we were to use this airline we would still have to fly to Toronto. We fly US Air as the cost is half!! We have no ability to fly direct from where we live so our options always involve two flights.

Ok, everyone get hold of yourself...to fly from Toronto to Aruba on AC it costs approx. $1600!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Anyone flying from Newark to Aruba in July should book now. We just booked direct flights for under $400 round trip - with Aruba fees, tax it's about $450 per person. we were able to upgrade to first class using miles, so we're all set for July! Now I just need to survive another East Coast winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I always find that the earlier you book the cheaper it is, as a general rule. The more the flights fill up the more expensive they become.

Our Christmas flights we book in Jan/Feb. to get the best price and we watch the pricing and it does seem to hold true.

Being in Canada, there is only one airline that flies direct to Aruba (Air Canada) and the cost is unbelievable! We do not live in Toronto so if we were to use this airline we would still have to fly to Toronto. We fly US Air as the cost is half!! We have no ability to fly direct from where we live so our options always involve two flights.

Ok, everyone get hold of yourself...to fly from Toronto to Aruba on AC it costs approx. $1600!!!
    It costs me more to fly to Canada than it costs me to fly to Aruba. Canadian (and especially Toronto) taxes are extremely high.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    It costs me more to fly to Canada than it costs me to fly to Aruba. Canadian (and especially Toronto) taxes are extremely high.

Yes the taxes are higher as we have to pay a security tax, airport improvement taxes on top of our regular taxes. If I don't go to the Toronto airport the taxes are much less. However, I am referring to the base price of the ticket. The US AIR flight (with out taxes) to Aruba is still half the cost of doing the AC route.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Airline Prices

Airline Prices to Aruba are out of control. I was going to be coming to Aruba in June 2011 from Philadelphia but the price is almost $600.00 pp round trip non stop.

The cheapest I've paid the past two years was $480.00pp which I thought was pretty good deal. We've decided not come back to Aruba bc between the airline, renting a week at someone's time share and then paying for food it would just be to much. I am so dissappointed and really wish I could find a really good deal so we could return to the happy island.

Quote Originally Posted by mgenestra View Post
    Airline Prices to Aruba are out of control. I was going to be coming to Aruba in June 2011 from Philadelphia but the price is almost $600.00 pp round trip non stop.

The cheapest I've paid the past two years was $480.00pp which I thought was pretty good deal. We've decided not come back to Aruba bc between the airline, renting a week at someone's time share and then paying for food it would just be to much. I am so dissappointed and really wish I could find a really good deal so we could return to the happy island.
    One suggestion to keep costs down is to avoid weekends. We now go Monday to Monday as the Marriott Surf Club has become flexible with check-in days. The airfares are way cheaper as we booked Continental non-stop from Newark for $460 PP round trip including taxes. Also, an added bonus is that the airport scene in Aruba leaving on a Monday is a dream compared to the weekend. I know that a lot of the TS only allow weekend check-in and this may not be an option, but if you're going to the Surf Club or the Ocean Club or any of the hotels this may be a good option.

Big problem with travel

I have been coming to Aruba for 25 years. I can not believe what the Airlines are doing. Has anyone tried to book there flight for Feb or March. Outragous pricing and overnight flights . I would have to leave NY and go to Miami and stay overnight and then arive the next day. Outragous. Please pass this on I am sure the Aruba government does not want to lose more tourisum. I am a Renaisance owner and now I don't know if I will see Aruba Again. I Love it there . Please Keep this going so It can be addresed.

Look Out if your coming from NY

NY Flights are Very expensive and can take 24 hrs to get to Aruba. Check it out. I was looking forward to going this year and I will not be able to afford the Airfare or tolerate the 12 hour wait over in Miami. What is this? Someone Please tell me.

Aruba since 1979
    i would also suggest writing to
    American Airlines

i also forwarded your post to the ATA (parent of our Aruba.com community forum)

Quote Originally Posted by lindabeggs View Post
    NY Flightsare Very expensive and can take 24 hrs to get to Aruba.
    Where are you departing from and what are your dates?

I just priced JFK - AUA Nonstop on Delta
    Saturday March 3/12-3/19
    $521.70
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 10-28-2010 at 09:23 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast