Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Body Scanner or "Pat Down"?

  1. #11
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,691
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckiesDad View Post
    With comments by the TSA, of if you do not like the new regulations then simply do not fly, it surely makes cruising look VERY very attractive for travelers.
    Wish that was an option for my husband but he has to fly for work so there's no way around it. When you have to go through a scanner that often, who knows what the long-term effects could be.....it's a no-win situation for everyone.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  2. #12
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,937
    i love the pat down

  3. #13
    Senior Member ~Amy~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2,691
    Article on CNN made me chuckle a few times.

    Airport odyssey reveals how awful and annoying we are:
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/TRAVEL/11/22...ex.html?hpt=C1
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018




  4. #14
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i love the pat down
    I wouldn't mind if I got to pick who did the pat down and if I was allowed to reciprocate.

    Missed this on Saturday, but it's all over the internet today.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/194728/sat...ssage-from-tsa

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Posts
    2,071
    that was funny, amy. I read something about the effects of the scanners and some things we pay no attention to, research by john hopkins & others.

    Body Scanner or "Pat Down"?

    my neighbor just came back from hawaii. and she had the scanner and her husband who has that box in his throat from cancer had the pat down. she said it was no big deal. she said it takes like 10 seconds to go through the scanner. she also said she didn't get it on the way there but on the way back. she said they were not scanning everyone.

    who knows. they have their job to do and i guess if you don't want to go through it, travel by ship or drive if you can, take a train.

    do we still take our shoes off, lol.........

  6. #16
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    who knows. they have their job to do and i guess if you don't want to go through it, travel by ship or drive if you can, take a train.

    do we still take our shoes off, lol.........
    The long term plan is for the TSA to be in every train station, bus terminal and cruise ship port.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Any Aruba beach...
    Posts
    13,177
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckiesDad View Post
    if you do not like the new regulations then simply do not fly, it surely makes cruising look VERY very attractive for travelers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    Wish that was an option for my husband but he has to fly for work so there's no way around it.
    Yes, your dh has to consider long term health risks...and none of us are able to drive to Aruba and it is pretty long swim from Key West.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    The long term plan is for the TSA to be in every train station, bus terminal and cruise ship port.
    I have never been to Israel. Do they do the same? I believe El Al uses profiling besides other security procedures.


  8. #18
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,937
    El Al has the security down pat. (play on words down pat, not pat down)
    the usa should have always done what el al has done.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Chadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Arikok Antilla Natural pool
    Posts
    1,441
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    El Al has the security down pat. (play on words down pat, not pat down)
    the usa should have always done what el al has done.
    If we handled airport security like the Israeli's there would be a hundred lawsuits a day. They address problems while we play political games.

  10. #20
    Senior Member hatteras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckiesDad View Post
    With comments by the TSA, of if you do not like the new regulations then simply do not fly, it surely makes cruising look VERY very attractive for travelers.
    The trip we want to take in Europe IS a cruise, but we have to fly to Barcelona to start the cruise. We just came back from a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale, and cruise lines are also tightening up on security. Although no body scanners or pat downs, they seem to have more security each time we cruise. It is a shame this is what it takes to travel any more. I guess in a few years we'll all have to show up naked to the airports.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO