Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BOS-AUA American Airlines Drives Me Crazy

BOS-AUA American Airlines Drives Me Crazy

Dear Mr. AA CEO:

The economy isn't great and the airline industry is struggling. I am trying to help by spending some money, but you're making it difficult.

You release seats for flights 330 days in advance, however, for BOS-AUA flights, you typically release the non-stops (Flights 1013 and 1044) in early May for flights from October through April.

I'm waiting! You have three months, max, then Jet Blue will be available for me. You are already losing customers to them for October through early January flights that they are selling.

Sincerely,

Rob O.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    good right jab!!!! Im also waiting for mid jan flight.

Why o why do you still fly AA? ? ? ? ? I flew than once to Aruba out of Boston a few years age and will NEVER do it again. I now and have been flying Jet Blue non-stop from Boston to Aruba and have always had a good tip with NO problems or cancellations. I just can not understand why people continue to use AA and than write in to complain. Tell me, what am I missing? ? ? ? ?

A confused
    Tom and Stanley

Aruba since 1979
    i think this got misdirected to this thread instead of to AA?

many of the forum members have been saying what you are saying for quite a while now and have made the leap to JB.

it is still early may.
    typically AA makes any kind of changes/announcements at midnight on tuesdays
    so, i would suggest, that at 1 minute past midnight on tuesday may 11 check on American's situation.

you and cindy have been "pro" AA for a long time and it is unfortunate that they may lose you.

we too have been "pro" AA and once we are living down south,we will not have the JB option.
    most likely it will be MIA - AUA on AA.

i guess i just say, patience......AA has never let you down.

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Dear Mr. AA CEO:

The economy isn't great and the airline industry is struggling. I am trying to help by spending some money, but you're making it difficult.

You release seats for flights 330 days in advance, however, for BOS-AUA flights, you typically release the non-stops (Flights 1013 and 1044) in early May for flights from October through April.

I'm waiting! You have three months, max, then Jet Blue will be available for me. You are already losing customers to them for October through early January flights that they are selling.

Sincerely,

Rob O.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    we too have been "pro" AA and once we are living down south,we will not have the JB option.
    most likely it will be MIA - AUA on AA.
    on my paret, but Andrea you WILL also have the option for Saturday flights on
    Air Tran from Orlando and Spirit from Fort Lauderdale.
    When the price is right, my parents have also flown to ATL and taken Delta.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom and Stanley View Post
    I now and have been flying Jet Blue non-stop from Boston to Aruba and have always had a good tip with NO problems or cancellations. I just can not understand why people continue to use AA and than write in to complain. Tell me, what am I missing? ? ? ? ?
    See thread on Jet Blue lost luggage started by cindyo in April.

Then there is Jet Blue's history of flight cancellations when there is a snow flake anywhere in the northern hemisphere. Also, we typically fly school vacation weeks and Jet Blue tickets aren't available until within 240 days versus AA's 330.

Baggage policies too.

IMO, AA is the lesser of two evils.....for now anyway.

AA.....I'm still waiting! You've got about three months until I try Jet Blue!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

it is still early may.
    typically AA makes any kind of changes/announcements at midnight on tuesdays
    so, i would suggest, that at 1 minute past midnight on tuesday may 11 check on American's situation.

i guess i just say, patience......AA has never let you down.
    It's tough....I always feel uneasy if I don't have tickets to Aruba in my possession!

Im glad we fly Continental

I do not think I will ever us AA again after all the changes they have made so far on our upcoming July flights (which I booked last september). We got the best rates, at the time, but now that they have changed the flights to non direct and the three flight time changes, I no longer thing it is worth all the aggrevation. That being said, I will be happy if they get us to Aruba safely.
    Next Aruba trip in

Aruba since 1979
    If Jet Blue had a Master Card miles program instead of AMEX we would be doing that instead.
    We have been staunch AA users due to the miles program.
    But, we let the credit card mile thing "wag the dog."
    We have just enough miles now for only AA 1 r/t.
    If we can find a way, we will use that and then think of the next "plan".

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast