Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BOS-AUA American Airlines Drives Me Crazy

Aruba since 1979
    on may 8 rob o wrote "I'm waiting! You have three months, max, then Jet Blue will be available for me. You are already losing customers to them for October through early January flights that they are selling."

so, as far as being off topic.........you brought it up in the very first post of the thread

i was searching AA flights for september MIA to Aruba. a Thurs to Thurs for a friend that is renting one of our lacabana units.
    he lives in ft lauderdale.

get this....a thurs to thurs from MIA to AUA is over $600 r/t.

but, using the same dates thurs to thurs from Bos to Mia to AUA (connecting onto the same MIAMI flights as the MIA to AUA only) is $400+ r/t.

go figure

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post

OK folks....this isn't a "Jet Blue" thread!

I'll consider Jet Blue when their seats are on sale......still have to wait about ten weeks. Until then....AA, I am waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    i was searching AA flights for september MIA to Aruba. a Thurs to Thurs for a friend that is renting one of our lacabana units.
    he lives in ft lauderdale.

get this....a thurs to thurs from MIA to AUA is over $600 r/t.

but, using the same dates thurs to thurs from Bos to Mia to AUA (connecting onto the same MIAMI flights as the MIA to AUA only) is $400+ r/t.

go figure
    Don't ever try to figure out the airlines.

Maybe they should price Mia-Bos-Mia-AUA....with AUA-Mia-Bos-Mia for the return?

PS....still no BOS-AUA non-stops.....
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Legroom

Thanks for your reply.

Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    bud2sam
    last year we booked the seats wiyh the extra leg room i'll say about 6" more i think it was about $15 dollars more i belive if check seats availbale it tells you

Seatguru

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    You can compare the amount of legroom at seatguru.com. Just see what type of aircraft is operating the flight and check out the type at one of the following links. "Pitch" is the amount of room between rows.
    American:
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Ame...nformation.php

Jetblue:
    http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Jet...nformation.php
    Thanks Chadd, will check seatguru.

Jet Blue

My daughter and I just returned from Aruba on this past Sunday. We flew Jet Blue from JFK and it was a delight. On our return flying back into JFK there were delays because of runway issues but other than that it was terrific. When I'm lucky enough to go back it will be on Jet Blue

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    I know, a little off topic too, but it's going around LOL
    Just be sure that if you want the extra leg room on Jet Blue, you pay for it when you buy your ticket.

When the four of us flew JFK-AUA in January, the two exit rows were EMPTY (we were sitting right behind them)...my husband asked to move up, "That will be an extra $25." said the flight attendant.

"WHAT???" my husband said...those seats are empty and not going to be sold now, as we are up in the air already. NOPE, you have to pay. Aaarrggh. SOOOO many people tried to just go sit there, without asking, and were promptly kicked out because they didn't want to pay.
    My husband said well, geez, I'll make sure I don't open the exit door when we crash then. He is a fire fighter, my sister's BF is a marine (who we were traveling with), I am in healthcare, I KNOW we would open the doors but it's the principal of the matter at that point.

Sorry for "hijaking" the thread, no pun intended.

Aruba since 1979
    not at all hijacking the thread.
    this thread started with AA and a mention of JB so we are a-ok.

the same thing about exit row seating happened to us in dec 2007 on the united flight from aruba to dc. the plane was about 1/3 empty. exit rows were empty.
    we asked the flight attendant if we could move up to those seats and were told "extra charge". the folks behind us then waited til we were in flight for about 20 minutes and then moved up. flight attendant said to them, there'll be an extra charge and they said
    "we don't think so" and stayed there the whole time.

the rudeness to the flight attendant was inappropriate.

either way, JB is not alone when charging extra for the premium seats.

The beach, Boca Prins & just about anywhere with my husband!
    Wow! I would have been livid if I saw that happen right in front of me! That's incredibly rude, arrogant, and someone somehow should have made them move. But now thinking about it, I do understand that it could have caused something bigger by way of a disturbance mid-flight so perhaps that's why they were ultimately allowed to stay there.

My husband and I are always talking about how people just don't follow the rules & they hardly get in trouble for it. We are not perfect by any means but it's frustrating to see!

On the other side of it, though, if I paid extra to sit in those seats, and then saw people able to move into them for free once in flight, I would have been a bit ticked off that we had to pay and they didn't. As it is, Jet Blue charges $40 for those seats if booked in advance - so to upgrade at $25 during flight isn't so bad.

We actually treated ourselves in January to row 5 on JetBlue coming home and paid $40 when they were booked ahead. We overheard the flight attendant telling people that wanted to sit behind us in empty seats that it would be $25 ea to sit there. They chose not to.

So my question - if they charge extra for those seats to begin with, why isn't the price the same whether you book ahead or during the flight?

Still no American direct flights.

It is beginning to look like American Airlines is dropping Boston-Aruba direct routes. Bad news for New England as lack of competition will increase Jet Blue pricing. Bad news for Aruba tourism as tourists will explore other destinations.

Gee....can I sell my frequent flyer miles?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast