Aruba Beach
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: BOS-AUA American Airlines Drives Me Crazy

Rob O I couldn't agree with you more! My husband and I were recently married in Aruba in May - we flew down with 80 guests! We booked our "non-stop" flight back in October...well as you can imagine...our "non-stop" then became a stop over in Miami...not thrilled about it but at least we weren't getting off the plane and it was supposed to be only 30 minute layover....not so much. They changed it again on us...to an 1 1/2 layover and plane switch. As the bride bringing down 13 suitcases of favors, name cards etc I was having an ulcer! However, that wasn't even the worst part...clearly the flight home was changed as well...left AUA at 330PM - to arrive at Miami at 630 - then we had a 3 HOUR layover - we didn't get home until after midnight (such a waste of a day!) Although, we stayed for two weeks, our guests that left the week before got stuck in Miami for an additional 3 hours...they didn't get back into Boston until 330AM....we all vowed to NEVER take AA again!

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaBride52110 View Post
    ....we all vowed to NEVER take AA again!

Welcome to the club, ArubaBride52110. Sorry that you had to put up with AA inconveniences. Congratulations on your wedding!

Andrea J. Might I mention this forum in my letter?

Arubalisa Do you have any statistics on where Aruba falls versus other Caribbean islands with respect to US tourism volume?
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Aruba since 1979
    sure mention the forum.

Youngest DS noticed today that AA is now going to charge an additional $19 if you want to be first to board the plane!!

HMM, glad I don't travel AA... RobO, jet blue is looking better all the time
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Quote Originally Posted by rob o View Post
    Arubalisa Do you have any statistics on where Aruba falls versus other Caribbean islands with respect to US tourism volume?
    http://www.onecaribbean.org/statistics/2010statistics/default.aspx

Aruba at -1.7% was one of the LEAST hardest hit by the downturn in the economy
    http://www.onecaribbean.org/content/files/MAY6StayOverArrivalsYTD2009.pdf

Thanks Rob! =)

We won 2 free nights at the Radisson while we were there so now I'm planning our next trip back....ON JET BLUE!!

jet blue flight went down yesterday boston to aruba non-stop i already booked flight in May I CALLED and they credited my blue account $810 nice little score for a minutes worth of work

Not Much of a Consolation

Unfortunately it appears the schedule is set in stone for this upcoming high season.

Initial Air Service Schedule Updates Winter 2010-2011

"...American Airlines, decided strategically on system wide schedule adaptations to cooperate more closely on transatlantic flights with British Airways and Iberia. One of the many schedule adjustments has been the cancellation of seasonal winter service from Boston’s Logan Airport to Aruba for 2010 – 2011. American operated 5 to 6 weekly flights with B757 aircraft with a two seating configuration of business and economy cabins for a total of 188 seats. On the other hand, American Airlines has announced that as of November 18, 2010 it will increase nonstop service from New York’s JFK airport to Aruba from three (3) to four (4) times a week, conveniently flying on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday as of November 18, 2010. Aircraft will be B757 and offering Boston passengers an additional connection to Aruba via New York. ..."

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456