Aruba Beach

Thread: Boston to Aruba - April

Boston to Aruba - April

Looking to go to Aruba for the first two weeks in April 2012 - any suggestions on the best day of the week to travel?

Tuesday and Wednesdays I find are pretty good

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.

We always travel to Aruba on Tues. & Wed. We never have to deal with long airport lines and the prices are more reasonable.
    Good Luck with your plans.

If it is cost that will drive your decision, avoid Easter, Patriots Day and school vacation travel times. Costs for April school vacation are more than twice the normal cost for airfare.

Having traveled in April ten years in a row from Boston, my advice is to be brave and wait for Jet Blue to release flights. Then, choose between them and American. American will release April flights in about a month. Jet Blue, around Labor Day.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

I agree with RobO. I booked our flights last September on Jet Blue for our March28-April 4 trip this year and got a good price. I kept an eye on the prices and in early March JB dropped the flights another $100 each! I've read a lot of bad posts about AA on here and don't trust them not to change a non-stop to a stop or cancel the flight all together. I've flown Continental also (one stop in Newark) and have gotten pretty good pricing on that also. The stopover isn't too bad - just about an hour - but having gone JB direct this year - spoiled now!!

Talking

We usually do Thursday to Thursday and find that the flights are typically cheaper than the weekend and the lines are not as bad either..
    Enjoy!

We like May and October best, for the lack of kids on the beaches. If you are traveling in May watch airfare prices the week after Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas (Tues or Wed days they release deals). There is normally a few days where airfare are ridiculously cheap. 12/20/2010 you could buy PHL-AUA r/t on American in May or Oct for $330 pp. Good luck.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

just booked JB for our trip in july. Very high, imo, but I think we were late booking. JB direct from boston on a sunday (def cheaper on tues) for a family of 4 with taxes etc. 3400.
    My husband isn't a bargain shopper, he just spends money. He was also told he won't get on the island because tickets sell out.

Well we reserved our timeshare for two weeks April 2-16 and we probably will not be able to stay the full two weeks -- maybe 12 days so we will have some flexibility when looking at airfare. Will be there over Easter.