Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: boston to Aruba dec 29th down and jan 22nd back

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    I noticed that the non-stop flights Boston - Aruba are quite expensive. However, if there is 1 stop, the price goes down significantly...
    Yes, but...

From Boston the one stop for Jet Blue is in NYC. If you're running the risk of bad weather interrupting your flight, an added stop in a cold weather city doesn't help the odds.

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Yes, but...

From Boston the one stop for Jet Blue is in NYC. If you're running the risk of bad weather interrupting your flight, an added stop in a cold weather city doesn't help the odds.
    I know! We have tornados here which caused me once a huge headache as my flight was entirely cancelled! I still made it to Aruba the next day after a cross-country journey which took over 24 hours! Accommodation and rental car were booked, arrangements with friends were made. Flights from Texas to Aruba were only on weekends!

That's why I would be so happy and grateful to have the option of a non-stop flight, even if it costs more. Flying out here from Texas is very expensive on top of all the inconveniences.

It appears the airlines consider Aruba an East Coast vacation spot. East Coast cities have the best flights. We have Aruba friends west of the Mississippi that don't have the easy options we do.

I am switching to SW for my May trip. There is 1 stop but 2 free bags and they get in earlier than the non stop on JB on Saturdays. We will probably fly non stop JB home because we have points that will pay for one way. After that I will probably cancel my JB Amex and switch to SW cc.

jkl
    Living in the Midwest, we always have two hops to wherever. We always thought we had higher prices because of it but several comments there have made me feel a lot better. We fly Des Moines to Aruba for the last eight years, we have paid anywhere from 650-850 per person. Looking at 715 or so for May 2016. Just booked La Cabana today! Let the count down begin!

CK1 .... Where in Texas are you?

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba-Mark View Post
    CK1 .... Where in Texas are you?
    Central Texas, Aruba-Mark.
    (Close to Ft Hood)

Got it... We are in Frisco which is a suburb of Dallas. Still hoping for a direct flight from Dallas. I am pleased that Southwest is now flying to Aruba via Houston Hobby or Orlando from Dallas Love Field. That extra competition has driven DFW to AUA prices down a bit. It was climbing to above $600 and now we can find them for about $450 with a connection in Miami or Charlotte.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12