Aruba Beach

Thread: Boston to Aruba - Late March/Early April

Boston to Aruba - Late March/Early April

Been lurking around the Jet Blue website. We have always flown Continetal connecting thru Newark or Delta connecting in Atlanta, but I'd really like to go direct. Found some flights on Jet Blue for $973. total for two people. Do you guys think I should grab them now. My BF doesn't want to book yet due to some possible scheduling problems, but I say go for it and worry about that later ???? Opinioins please!!

I would read through the thread at Boston to Aruba March 2011 to see what others have been paying and decide what you think is a "fair" price. Imo, you are not going to see the bargain airfares of the past few years unless we are indeed in a "double dip' recession. As Chadd stated in another thread, the airlines have to make up some lost profits. Imo , not because they are greedy, but because they work for their shareholders.

It is always a gamble that airfares will go up. I have no personal experience, but others have claimed, Jet Blue will refund the difference in a voucher if the fare goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    As Chadd stated in another thread, the airlines have to make up some lost profits. Imo , not because they are greedy, but because they work for their shareholders.
    As the CEO of my company has said a few times:
    In the airline industry you build cash reserves when business is good and hope it carries you through the bad times.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    As the CEO of my company has said a few times:
    In the airline industry you build cash reserves when business is good and hope it carries you through the bad times.
    ...and hope your oil futures remain stable?

...and hope your oil futures remain stable?
    Airlines getting into the oil futures business actually made things worse in the long run as their trading drove the prices up even more. Many of them also lost millions when the prices crashed back down. Southwest made a fantastic gamble a few year back and used the revenues from their oil futures business to supplement near billion dollar losses flying airplanes and still turn an annual profit.

...Just out of curiosity would love to know the percentage of airlines leasing jets now instead of owning outright

I would grab it.....I feel the prices only go up..... if they go down you can always get a voucher.

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

...Just out of curiosity would love to know the percentage of airlines leasing jets now instead of owning outright
    While I can't give you totals on the aircraft themselves, ILFC is one of the largest lessors in the industry. Perhaps even the largest. http://www.ilfc.com/noAmerica.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    While I can't give you totals on the aircraft themselves, ILFC is one of the largest lessors in the industry. Perhaps even the largest. http://www.ilfc.com/noAmerica.htm
    Thanks! That was the company I had in mind. I saw their CEO interviewed on Fox Business and he said business was booming!

In my small mind I would like to think that the leased planes are well maintained because ILFC has to answer to their
    leasees.