Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boston to Aruba March 2011

Boston to Aruba March 2011

Does anybody have any experience booking flights out of Boston to Aruba in March. We're looking to book March 5-12. What is the average price of a round trip flight? We're used to flying in May and paying around $400.00, prices for March right now are over $500.00... Will the price come down???

we go every march, we fly jet blue and that is the norm. we have paid up to $1500.00 for two of us to go. i think last year with the travel insurance it was around $1100.00 jet blue opens up march flights tomorrow 8/16 if you book with them and they drop the price you will get, i think, a voucher for the difference. we will be there from 3/19-3/26

I think the best price you are going to get is 400per person, that is what I would be willing to pay.

Wow! Only $400-$500 per person? From Toronto we just paid $850 per person in September. The travel insurance was another couple of hundred. So all in, about $975 each plus accommodations. The prices don't seem to ever go lower than about $500 for a flight with 2 stops and taking anywhere from 8-24 hours to get to Aruba. The direct flight we booked only takes a few hours but the price, like I said, is high.
    $400 seems like a great deal to me.

Keep in mind there are a good number of factors which decide airfare. Competition for starters.

Mid-week non-stop from Atlanta to Aruba which is closer than both Boston or Toronto to Aruba is between about $706.70 or $756.70 right now.

I can fly for <$500 on a discount airline, but they only fly Saturday to Saturday so only have a choice of going to Aruba for 7, 14, 21, 28 nights.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim nel View Post
    I think the best price you are going to get is 400per person, that is what I would be willing to pay.
    NO....I would bet its gona be around 650.00 per person...Jet Blue has no competition right now...

Quote Originally Posted by cindyo View Post
    NO....I would bet its gona be around 650.00 per person...Jet Blue has no competition right now...
    Bingo. Every other airline has pulled out of the BOS-AUA direct market, prices will not be going down unless the economy tanks again.

playa linda, aruba beach club, wacky wahoos, driftwood,french steakhouse, any happy hour
    book now and hope for a price drop and refund(won't happen)

We booked for Feb 2011 and it was a little over $1,000 for the two of us! A few years ago we got tix for $385 a piece....those were the days!!!

just booked with jetblue for mid march, $1313.00 for two, non-stop with travel insurance.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast