Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boston to Aruba March 2011

checked us air and aa and both were connecting flights and just over $1200.00 without insurance. (for 2 people)plus you lose 2 days of vacation time in airports. with the insurance it would still be more. if we could travel on week days instead of a saturday i'm sure we could save a few dollars.

Hi there,

We usually fly down from Boston, non-stop during the week for about $500.00 round trip plus $200 for Stanley (Jet Blue) . . . Of course weekend flight s are always more. . . . . Can I ask why you get the insurance? ? ? Is that for the resort only as Jet Blue just gives you a credit if you cancel. . . .

Tom and Stanley

Unhappy JET BLUE, from Boston in April

My son just booked with Jet Blue non stop round trip to Aruba for two in April.
    Over $1900.00 with insurance from Boston saturday to saturday.Jet Blue is taking advantage of being the only carrier to go non stop.

we get the travel insurance to protect ourselves in case of an emergency, medical benefits, emergency transportation (med-flight) ect. Our uncle had a medical problem a few years ago while there, had a two week stay in the hospital and then med-flighted home. his son had to get a quick loan for the med-flight, aruba to boston $10,000.00 CASH, private insurance didn't cover it.

Aruba since 1979
    www.insuremytrip.com

we always chose the plan that has the collision for the rental car as well.

We book ours for October and paid $1313 for both of us - but we did sunday to saturday so we knew we would pay a little more for the weekend flights

I hope all my points will cover us for our flights next year!
    Next Aruba trip in

How do the vouchers work with Jet Blue? How much does the price have to drop in order to get one? I saw that somebody said that you can cancel a reservation with Jet Blue without consequeces... Is this true?

I never used to get travel insurance either has I had pretty good medical benefits through my employer (when I had a job that is) and being Canadian, we have free health care. However, I got ill on a visit back home to Vancouver last year and even though I was still in Canada, there was a hassle with certain medical costs and my private insurance didn't cover everything either.
    My flight home had to be delayed due to hospitalization and since I had no travel insurance, the costs to change came out of my pocket and I had to pay more for the flight I ended up getting as it was a more expensive flight.
    Now that I don't have extended health benefits and just rely on basic Canadian health care, there's all the more need for travel insurance. You never know what will happen. My grandmother travels to India every winter for 4-6 months and is a Canadian citizen. Being an immigrant and a senior, she's typically frugal to say the least (sorry if I offend anyone here). Actually, she's cheap, let's be honest, and never gets travel insurance. Last year she had a stroke in India and the resulting costs were devastating to her and my uncle who is her oldest son.
    My sister who lives in London UK, recently traveled to Dublin where she was stuck for three extra days due to volcanic ash.
    Travel insurance is not about being able to change your initial flights or cancel them without any trouble (by the way, you get a credit for canceling but there is a fee). Travel insurance is about planning for the unexpected before, during and on your way home from vacation.

My costs weren't far off from yours, $2012 for two, roundtrip direct from Boston, for November. I booked back in June, but had watched the fares for a bit and knowing JetBlue was the only one flying direct, I got kind of skiddish. I did hold off until I saw that the Divi AI was running a 30% off sale, so when I look at the package price, it's not so painful!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast