Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Bringing Brights home

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock

Bringing Brights home

Would like to buy some Brights for home can I purchase these upstairs at Gate while waiting to depart? Or do I need to purchase these downstairs in the large shops before I go to customs? I did buy a small hard case suitcase and bubble wrap as I know these are bottles and not cans. Any info much appreciated.

We purchase the brights at the supermarket and pack them in the middle of our clothes. Saves us the hassle of having to open the suitcases at the airport. We have always been honest with US Customs on our beer quantities and have never been charged duty.

Ditto here. Wrap in bubble wrap, seal in plastic bag and pack in the middle of your suitcase between clothes. Works for me and I have neve had a broken bottle or a leaking can. I am knocking on wood right now!!! LOL Good luck.

Just got home this w/e and smuggled some brights in my luggage. I put them in huggies then zip locks and put them between my clothes. You can also buy some upstairs at the bar or consession BUT I'm not sure they will give them to you unopened. You can try when you get there, if not...drink them, LOL!!!

We brought home a bottle of Lost Symphony without any problem. Like others, I wrapped it up and put it in the middle of the clothes. Wish I has thought to pick up Brights though. Since the Divi doesn't carry Brights I never thought of it. On a side note, the Divi now has champagne as part of their AI so that means mimosas!!!

What is/are Brights?

They are Amstel Brights. A lighter version of Amstel made and sold only in the Caribbean. They go perfect with a day (or night) at the beach in Aruba.

Thanks, Jeff.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Big Thank You to all of you, I will take your advise and pre-pack before departure by purchasing at grocery store. The hardest part will be holding onto these to enjoy next summer. Maybe I'll put 2 six packs and enjoy one per month every time my countdown ticker shows another month down OR maybe I'll just have a big party, decisions, decisons LOL....

Watch the weight of your luggage...I was over 3 lbs. but the gal just scolded me instead of charging me, LOL!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast