Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bringing Your Own Food - Question

Bringing Your Own Food - Question

This is my first time ever travelling. I will be travelling from Toronto to Aruba with a small child and I feel the need to bring some of my child's own food, since she is a picky eater.

Can I bring cereal, popcorn, and chocolate on the plain and into the hotel room? I will be staying at the Divi Villiage Golf and Beach Resort and travelling through Delta Airlines. Can I bring coffee as well? If so, do I put everything into a see through ziplock bag? If so, do I put it in my carry on luggage or my other luggage bag?

This is my first time ever travelling. I will be travelling from Toronto to Aruba with a small child and I feel the need to bring some of my child's own food, since she is a picky eater.

Can I bring cereal, popcorn, and chocolate on the plain and into the hotel room? I will be staying at the Divi Villiage Golf and Beach Resort and travelling through Delta Airlines. Can I bring coffee as well? If so, do I put everything into a see through ziplock bag? If so, do I put it in my carry on luggage or my other luggage bag?

You should be able to bring non liquid items on the plane. They will need to be screened through security. I don;t see why the hotel would prevent you from bringing any food items into your room. I would bring the chocolate with you on the plane vs checking it. Could get hot once you land and melt over your other clothes The grocery stores in Aruba are great and will carry most everything you will need for a child

You will have no problem if you bring on the plane with your checked in bags. I am not sure how you would take this in carry on.
    There are two very good grocery stores within 1/3 of mile from the Divi dutch Village, Kong Hing and Ling and Sons. They will likely have everything you need. Also Dunkin Donuts on the island if that is your coffee choice.
    Lings web site has just a sample of what they carry and they carry much more than is here. You can order on line and have delivery to your room for when you arrive, just check delivery times.
    http://www.lingandsons.com/ling/home.do
    Have Fun, Pete

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> " Divi Villiage Golf and Beach Resort"
    ---- That is a timeshare so your unit should have some kind of small kitchen. So bring all you want in checked luggage. Like baby food, cereal, coffee, muffins, biscuits, jelly, ..... If its boxed, canned, packaged; no problem. Now usually fresh fruit and fresh meat is a no no. Now if that is canned like canned tuna OK.
    Correction: Some of it may not be a timeshare.
    http://www.divivillage.com/DiviVillage/
    That is their Web Site. It says all units have a kitchen. Also says something like its AI which I don't understand if you own a unit. Might be owners have the option to go AI. I own at another timeshare and out my back watched them build it.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 04-30-2008 at 01:20 PM.

Bring all the food you like. There are several great grocery stores on the island and many smaller ones that carry an extensive line of goods.

3-1-1 Gains International Acceptance
    "Countries that are currently harmonized with TSA's rules for carrying liquids through the checkpoint include: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Brazil, Canada,..."

Make Your Trip Better Using 3-1-1
    All liquids, gels and aerosols must be placed in a single, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag. Gallon size bags or bags that are not zip-top such as fold-over sandwich bags are not allowed. Each traveler can use only one, quart-size, zip-top, clear plastic bag.

Unless you have to have the chocolate on the plane getting there, pehaps purchase some delicious Dutch chocolate upon arrival in Aruba.

Over the years....we find ourselves taking less and less food and relying on Ling & Son or Kong Hing. As for chocolate, Arubalisa is oh so very right!
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com

Thank you for your help!
    Is Ling and Sons really difficult to find? Should we get a taxi or shuttle bus to drop us off, or should we walk?

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "Is Ling and Sons really difficult to find?"
    ----- Not far from where you are staying. Walk there and if too much to carry back have them call a cab. The Divi also runs a golf type cart between their resorts in that area. Have the cart person drop you at a point closest to the market. They might be able to even point you to it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast