Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bringing Your Own Food - Question

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

That cart will even take you to dinner at some of the other resorts in the area. The CDM timeshare has a restaurant right on the beach.
    See: http://www.matthews-aruba.com/home/index.html
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 04-30-2008 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomFrederick View Post
    The Divi also runs a golf type cart between their resorts in that area. Have the cart person drop you at a point closest to the market. They might be able to even point you to it.
    Great suggestion! Have the golf cart drop you off at the very southern end of the Tamarijn Resort and it is a 500 - 550 ft. walk to the closest supermarket. When you are finished shopping ask them to telephone a taxi to take you back to your resort.

This view shows all three.
    http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.531...17&l=0&m=a&v=2
    Just run your mouse over the boxes to see names.
    Have Fun, Pete

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Put all your food in your luggage so that it goes in the belly of the plane. I would pass on the choc as it could be a mess. You could buy a lb. of dunkin donuts on the island if you are looking to bring it with you. ALso, if you decide to bring all this food let me suggest you bring storage baggies or saran wrap to seal it up. Thats something we don't leave home without. All the food you are looking for can be bought at the local grocery stores, its an adventure to go into ling and sons. Same as home, but some cool international stuff, esp. chocoate !! You would think you were at home going up and down the aisles.

You really can find everything you need at ling and Sons I have a Timeshare at The Divi Village and its a very short drive or walk to Ling & Sons its a lot of fun to go there and try different foods. i am sure you will find something for your child.
    Next Aruba trip in

Cool

Save yourself the trouble. Go to Ling and Sons as suggested or one of the other stores like Kong Hing which are next door. They have lots of stuff from America, Europe and some great fried plantains and other similar chip-like products from Suriname. Yes, you will peg the cholesterol meter but so good. (Whiskey reduces the cholesterol or so I've been told.) Right, well, the less you pack the better.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Since you are asking on behalf of your child, if it will help her feel more comfortable to know that her favorites actually came from home, YES, you can bring cereal and popcorn. As others said, to be safe, don't pack in your carry-on. That might be tragic for your child if she sees her favorites tossed by TSA.

Ling and Sons is a great market. Most things are reasonably priced.

Don't overload on food from home, but again, if it soothes your little one, certainly bring it.

Thanks for your help everyone. I do hope that I get a chance to go to the supermarket but if I don't I still want to be prepared.

So, if I bring my food in my checked luggage, not my carrying on, can I leave it in its orignal box? For example, if I bring 1 box of cheerios, 1 box of cornflakes, 1 box of cookies, 1 box of microwave popcorn, etc.

OR do I still have to empty each into clear bags? Or are the clear bags just for liquids put in the carry on bags?

As long as you check in, you should be OK with leaving everything described in their original packages.
    If you really want to be safe, check with TSA:
    http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm
    Have Fun, Pete

Under a hut, walking Eagle Beach, lunch on the beach, Amstel Bright Beer on the beach, coffee in the morning on the beach, taking a dip in the sea,

Thumbs up

>>> "if I bring my food in my checked luggage,"
    ---- We bring lots of food every year. Just pack it in ckecked luggage and leave in its original boxes/packages.
    >>> "are the clear bags just for liquids put in the carry on bags?"
    ---- Correct! Actually I think its only one quart size clear bag per person and you don't put it in the carry-on but place the bag in the same box with your shoes, keys, watch, ......
    That Web Site above gives all the details.
    Last edited by TomFrederick; 05-03-2008 at 09:42 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast