Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brown bagging versus buying US AIR food

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    You have been at this way too long! Good info, and great idea!
    I'm just familiar with that particular airport. I was there again today as a matter of fact.

FWIW, you ARE best to be prepared with your own food and beverage. We bought soda and water before getting on the plane yesterday. The Delta attendants breezed through the cabin only once with the drink cart and then followed up with coffee or water. Customer no service. We won't go into the attendant who woke my husband up because she thought the 2 unruly boys in the back of the plane were his!
    <<stepping off my Delta rant soap box now>>

FWIW, you ARE best to be prepared with your own food and beverage. We bought soda and water before getting on the plane yesterday. The Delta attendants breezed through the cabin only once with the drink cart and then followed up with coffee or water. Customer no service. We won't go into the attendant who woke my husband up because she thought the 2 unruly boys in the back of the plane were his!
    <<stepping off my Delta rant soap box now>>
    OMG!!

Gee, I can't wait to fly on Delta in Sept.......(sarcasm).
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

San Fran/Napa Valley - Sept. 2016
    Barcelona, Mallorca, and Andorra - Nov. 2016
    Seattle - Dec. 2016
    34th trip to Aruba - Feb/March 2017

So much for flying interline in the future with hopes that the flights wouldnt be full. I occasionally call the employee travel line to see how many non revs are listed and how many open seats there are. Ha!

Good idea Chadd...never thought of that...although I am so lazy in the morning before our flight,,,after all I have to pack Dh's suitcase as well as mine...and all of the other necessities....I usually just eat at airport when we arrive in Charlotte and then buy on board....but I am going to be good this year and make sammies at home......
    Musicman.....have a great trip and take lots of pictures to post on the forum...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by danadog56 View Post
    Good idea Chadd...never thought of that...although I am so lazy in the morning before our flight,,,after all I have to pack Dh's suitcase as well as mine...and all of the other necessities....I usually just eat at airport when we arrive in Charlotte and then buy on board....but I am going to be good this year and make sammies at home......
    Musicman.....have a great trip and take lots of pictures to post on the forum...
    I usually end up getting the biscuits and gravy at the Carolina pit BBQ when I go to Aruba through Charlotte. It's not the least bit healthy but it's delicious and sticks with you for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadd View Post
    I usually end up getting the biscuits and gravy at the Carolina pit BBQ when I go to Aruba through Charlotte. It's not the least bit healthy but it's delicious and sticks with you for a while.
    Biscuits and gravy are my number one favorite breakfast...the only thing that makes it better is a side order of grits slathered in butter !!!! YUM !!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Taking food on plane

I didn't know you could bring food from home on plane. I thought it would be taken when we went through check points and x-ray machine.

I dont' know about the steaks and blue ice packs, but I do know we'll be bringing along delicious homemade roast beef sandwiches on our Delta flight on Wednesday!

Aruba since 1979
    just no liquids thru the TSA checkpoint (carry on)
    the blue icepacks thru carry on are a 50/50 shot sometimes they are allowed other times not.
    if u do bring a bag lunch, make sure that you eat it all as one cannot bring fresh produce such as apples, bananas etc into aruba
    Happy Holidays to you and yours!

You can not take liquids through the TSA security checkpoint. We bring our lunch and snacks and buy water and soda near the gate prior to boarding the flight. Worst comes to worst you can also purchase food at the airport to carry on board and it is not considered a 'carry on'.

Why do we buy our own beverages?
    1. Don't have to wait for the beverage cart.
    2. Delta only "flies" through with the cart once.

Coming home from Aruba, at US Immigrations there will be USDA officers questioning food being brought on board. Then it is not worth it imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by bud2sam View Post
    I didn't know you could bring food from home on plane. I thought it would be taken when we went through check points and x-ray machine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast