Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Buffalo- Aruba

Buffalo- Aruba

I am looking into flying to Aruba from Buffalo for the first time,...all other times have been departing from Toronto. This year I am not happy with the flight times and the price out of TO for a Friday flight so I am looking at other options.
    For travel in March I can fly on United via Washington for $500 per person or Delta via Atlanta for $570 per person or Jet Blue for $100 per person more.
    Does anyone know what is a better connection airport? ...which one is easy to get around or does it really matter as long as the price and times are what you like?

~Thanks~

Difficult to say completely. I do know Atlanta is one of the busiest airports in the US. I'd try to avoid it for that reason. Which airport does JB use?

Jet Blue flies Buf-JFK-AUA,...return either AUA-Boston-BUF of we can do AUA-JFK-BUF for a later flight time

I'm not familiar with JFK and its traveler friendliness. For winter travel we have always shied away from cold weather connections because your trip can be disrupted by a snow storm. You don't have that option with JFK and BOS as airports. BOS is fairly easy to get around. Not nearly as big as JFK.

Any experienced Canadians that travel through Buffalo know the best layover airport for route via Buffalo- Aruba travel?

Done both plus more

I will PM you

United from Pittsburgh on a friday and return Sunday the following week for $502. I just booked 2/8-2/17.

Toronto - Aruba flight options

Traci - we have done the Toronto - Aruba route literally dozens of times over the past few years. Here are my suggestions:

- if you can be flexible with travel days, WestJet now flies Sat and Tue direct out of Toronto Pearson. We have booked very reasonable prices as well and the 9am departure from Toronto is nice.
    - JetBlue is a good option from Buffalo since they travel most if not all days. Their T5 at JFK is very easy to get around and is one of the best hubs I have personally flown thru in North America. I've found jetBlue pricing has risen of late but there a still deals to be had.
    - we have flown Delta may times thru Atlanta and have found they've consistently provided the best mix of flight options and price. Terminal changes in Atlanta make connecting times a bit stressful, especially if there are weather related issues in winter.

I hope this helps . . . whatever you choose, once you arrive on Aruba, you will be glad you've made the decision to visit . . . swimming here would even make the trip worth it :-)

Enjoy your trip to the happy island.
    Michael

Thanks everyone for your help!!!

Fly out of Buffalo its not worth all that extra money you spend to fly out of Toronto, spend that extra monyey u save in Aruba.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast