Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Bulkhead Seats Question

Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is what I don't get. On almost every flight Ive been on recently (16 to 18 legs in the last 4 months), they always make an announcement that if you are having trouble finding room for your carry-on "they will gladly check your bags through to your final destination free of charge". Since I firmly believe most folks cram their over sized carry-ons in the overhead bins to save the baggage fee why don't they accept the free baggage offer? It sure would make boarding easier and quicker. And they would be beating the system!

CP... drawing and quartering is too good for the scalawags!! AAArrghhh!!

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Sorry to hijack the thread, but this is what I don't get. On almost every flight Ive been on recently (16 to 18 legs in the last 4 months), they always make an announcement that if you are having trouble finding room for your carry-on "they will gladly check your bags through to your final destination free of charge". Since I firmly believe most folks cram their over sized carry-ons in the overhead bins to save the baggage fee why don't they accept the free baggage offer? It sure would make boarding easier and quicker. And they would be beating the system!

CP... drawing and quartering is too good for the scalawags!! AAArrghhh!!
    FUnny, I always notice this myself and agree I am sure some people do in fact take advantage of this. I do notice quite a few people volunteering before boarding to have their bag checked for free at last minute.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12