Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Business Class vs. First Class

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock

Business Class vs. First Class

Can someone please explain the difference between Business Class and First Class? We have tickets on American this year (still hoping to be able to make it) our first leg BDL - MIA is First Class while MIA-AUA is called Business Class. The 2 flights we have the same seat numbers, I was told that Business is still first class and it is called business because this airplane does not have a First Class section? We used our miles to purchase both of these flights. I know this probably sounds confusing but maybe someone explain better? Thanks in advance.

We have the same thing happen when we fly American. If there is a difference on the flight from Miami to Aruba that they call Businews class, I have no idea what it is. I think it just has to do with the type/size of plane uses but as for the comfort aND service for this route, it seems the same in my opinion.
    7 trips in and still finding things to love. #8 will be great in November!

Check this link to AA's website: https://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInform...ClassCabin.jsp

Or this article from almost a year ago: http://thepointsguy.com/2015/09/comp...irst-american/
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks Jacki. Funny thing is I've always wondered this and now my husband is reading a book which mentioned both classes, he asked me what the difference is? I told him I know where to check (lol) Excellent link it more or less answered our questions, thanks!
    Last edited by DiviDiviFan; 07-15-2016 at 01:36 PM.

On United from EWR to AUA and back, first and business class are the same...

They're the same...

They're the same for shorter flights (i.e. Mexico or the Caribbean) but if you're flying on a longer haul flight (i.e. Europe) then Business Class is a different animal (much larger plane) with lie flat seats, comforters, menus, dessert and cheese cart, amenity kits, and high end brands of liquor, wine, and champagne.
    ~Amy~
    "The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts." - - Marcus Aurelius

Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017
    34th trip to Aruba: May 2017
    Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017
    35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I don't have much desire to go to Europe with all the craziness going on but boy would I love a large seats that I could lay flat to sleep on my way to Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~ View Post
    They're the same for shorter flights (i.e. Mexico or the Caribbean) but if you're flying on a longer haul flight (i.e. Europe) then Business Class is a different animal (much larger plane) with lie flat seats, comforters, menus, dessert and cheese cart, amenity kits, and high end brands of liquor, wine, and champagne.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we do fly first class and one time they had the larger planes and you're right, Amy, those are great with the pods. unfortunately that was just the once to Aruba, it was a plane from hawaii. definitely worth it if you are flying to Europe or anywhere over 7 hours.

One time we flew down from EWR on a 767, first class….wow…..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast