Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Business Class vs. First Class

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We are flying on Delta in September and our tickets read business/first. The flight from TUL is rated First and the flight from ATL is rated business. Most planes don't have a true first class section as was mentioned above so for these planes first and business are basically interchangeable. AA calls their front cabin to Aruba business and flights to other destinations first. On some larger planes there are 3 sections of seating. coach, business and first. we flew back from Maui on AA last time in first, which was the little booth-like seats that fully reclined. It was pretty sweet. The service and amenities are basically the same in those 2 classes.

This post is timely. I am taking a girls trip to Aruba in October. What I had hoped would be slow season (cheaper prices) I found to be the opposite.
    The resort had little availability and flights out of Newark for coach were $700. I normally take a premium seat which would have pushed my coach seat to almost $900. For an extra $73 I took business class.
    CRAZY.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    Quote Originally Posted by Squan66 View Post
    This post is timely. I am taking a girls trip to Aruba in October. What I had hoped would be slow season (cheaper prices) I found to be the opposite.
    The resort had little availability and flights out of Newark for coach were $700. I normally take a premium seat which would have pushed my coach seat to almost $900. For an extra $73 I took business class.
    CRAZY.
    We also thought October would be easy and our anniversary is in October. We were trying for October instead of September this year as well but had trouble finding rooms. The air fares were also much higher than September. We have gone before in October and I don't remember it being that way but that was 7 or 8 years ago. Maybe it has changed. We go in May most of the time and have few problems.

Me either. We went in October 2 years ago and we had no problem finding a reasonable room and air fare.

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    We are on the flight Saturday from Philadelphia and they only have business class and coach on that plane. I think it has been the same from Philly since AA took over US Air. We used to get first class on US Air from Philly. What I've found is that the Philly flight is only about $200 more to go from coach to business.

Won't be long now!

Aruba since 1979
    safe and easy travels drtucker!
    Quote Originally Posted by drtucker1 View Post
    We are on the flight Saturday from Philadelphia and they only have business class and coach on that plane. I think it has been the same from Philly since AA took over US Air. We used to get first class on US Air from Philly. What I've found is that the Philly flight is only about $200 more to go from coach to business.

Won't be long now!

Yes it depends on the length of flight and plane. I went to Puerto Rico in March with American and lucked out on a 767. The 1st class included those seats that turn into a bed and the service was more top notch with champagne, nuts, better food etc. However, on my return back to NY the flight was delayed by 7 hours. I was so tired and could not wait to board so I can lay out on the seat that turned into a bed. I was out of luck. It was a smaller plane with the usual business class seats and service.

A few years ago I flew to California with American Airlines for a Mexican Riviera Cruise and I had business class seats. In front of me was 1st class and the curtains were closed. We both got drinks and food except in business class the flight attendant lets you know what's on the menu and then takes your order. In 1st class they were actually given a fancy menu, silverware, champagne etc. So it's not exactly the same when the plane has business and 1st class. Especially on the long European Flights..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12