Aruba Beach
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Buy now or wait?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008

    Buy now or wait?

    We go end of August every year from Boston to Aruba. Last year when oil was going up I bought in February for our august trip. I checked prices a week before we left and found they had dropped over $300 for the pair of tickets. Luckily Jetblue gave us a credit for the differenct.

    I haven't pulled the trigger for the trip this year yet, but prices seem to be trending up fast right now. Should I wait it out or go ahead and grab the tickets?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Arubalisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Any Aruba beach...
    If you can see in your crystal ball whether the price of fuel is going to continue to rise or fall and the economy is going to get better or worse, I would base it upon that.

    We took a chance and booked early, 330 days out and lost.

    You are getting much closer but still far from 21 day advance purchase. I would also consider how flexible are your dates.

  3. #3
    Senior Member fattypatty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    moomba, stellaris casino, baby beach,
    it depends on the summer travel season. they say it's about 3% less than last year but recently the drop off has stalled - thus suggesting that travelers are coming back. that explains why fares have started creeping back up - especially since capacity is about 10% less than last years. if you're using jetblue then you can't get credit up until your departure date and the credits can be given to others - people sell them on ebay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO