Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Arubalisa

Thread: Calling all canadians!

Exclamation Calling all canadians!

Once again, Westjet, is being difficult, which is surprising because they are very customer oriented. Here is the situation:

Seats are loaded to Aruba until December 16th and then NOTHING!!! Their "dates" on the website are at the end of December but no flights loaded after the 16th for Aruba. Once again, the other airlines have got all their flights in until Jan. 1st and beyond. Waiting for Westjet to load their flights will mean loosing out on the cheaper flights on other airlines. This past year we bought some flights on alternate airlines and then in the SUMMER (yes the summer) when they finally loaded their Aruba flights I paid double what it would have cost me in the winter on other airlines. By the time July rolled around their outrageous prices were the same as everyone else.

I spoke to numerous people at Westjet about the above situation and it seems that for some unknown reason, Westjet doesn't want to load these seats. The first reason they gave me was that they may not have Aruba permission to run these flights (same reason as last year), then I told them that when they gave me that reason last year I contacted the appropriate person at the Aruba airport and that was not the case. Second reason was that they may not run the flights, which I told them was most probably not the case as all of their flights were full the last two years and why would they run flights only during low season when they have permission to run the flights during high season. I spoke with supervisors and had them check with scheduling and no one will give a definitive answer. The only reason I can think of is if they load the flights now they must put them in at a lower price because all the other airlines have them priced lower. If they wait until the summer, the other airlines have filled up many of the seats so their prices are more expensive. When they finally load the flights they can set the price at a higher level.

So what I am asking my fellow Canadians, is to get you all to write Westjet (go to home page and go to contact us) and ask them to load their flights to Aruba NOW not wait until spring/summer to enter all their winter flights. Explain that everyone else, even AC, has flights entered into the system. Many people don't care about direct flights from Toronto if they live outside the GTA, so direct doesn't matter. For those who live in GTA, if they can save hundreds of dollars by not going direct, many will do so before it gets too late to get the cheaper price.

ALL HELP and may be we can get this rectified. Power of the internet!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

andrea, I put this in wrong category, can you please move it?

thx!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Aruba since 1979
    done

re: westjet
    i guess all those christmas presents they gave were to make up for their "inconveniences?" and win public adornment ?

Once again, the other airlines have got all their flights in until Jan. 1st and beyond.
    Sorry that is not correct.

I don't know about Canadian airlines, but US carriers (excluding budget carrier like Southwest which last I checked was only out to 8/9/14 and Jet Blue Anyone know JetBlue schedule opens) do not sell tickets until "generally" 330 days prior to the date of flight.

Right now these US airlines are selling tickets out through

12/28/2014 US Air
    12/29/14 Delta
    12/29/14 American
    12/31/14 United

I want to book a ticket on Delta for 1/2/15 but I have to patiently wait a few more days.
    Last edited by Arubalisa; 02-01-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Air Canada is well into January and the US carriers are almost into January. I am trying to book a Dec. 20th flight, which is the Saturday just prior to Christmas, which is a busy travel day. Just checked USAIR and they are up to Jan. 1st as this morning.

Westjet loaded their flights last year at the end of June!! They aren't a discount carrier and if you want to be competitive with the other airlines that fly to Aruba, you need to get the flights loaded around the time the rest of the airlines do.

...if you want to be competitive with the other airlines that fly to Aruba, you need to get the flights loaded around the time the rest of the airlines do.
    You might wish to remind the carrier of that... we're all painfully aware of the facts.
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We had that same problem with South West in 2007. We were taking 5 of our grandkids to Disneyworld in Orlando that summer. SW had not posted any flight information for after the middle of May. This was in February. I called them several times, and emailed them and their response was that they were making changes to their flight schedule and didn't know when they would update their board. Finally in March I decided to check prices with other airlines. I ended up buying 7 tickets on American. It was almost the middle of April before SW updated their system. SW would have saved me about $15 a ticket so they lost my 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Ratt View Post
    You might wish to remind the carrier of that... we're all painfully aware of the facts.

Flights are now loaded for Aruba during high Christmas season (Jan. 3rd just in finally) however, the cheap fares on USAIR are gone!!! There really isn't much rhyme or reason on what they did this year. Their calendar goes into the second week of Jan. but Jan. 3rd flight just got in today or yesterday. Dec. 20th flight was loaded last week and nothing else at all. One week later all flights from Dec. 20th until Jan. 6th are now in???

May be with each passing year WestJet will get better and faster!!!

Randi

westjet have made a lot of changes themselves. Not to excuse them. They have entered into some major contracts with Sunquest as the preferred carrier. I am not sure if they will be in late 2014 or 2015. Westjet are also now offering vacations, in conjunction with Sunquest out of certain US airports.

I speculate that with all this going on, things are a bit confused with them. These changes have been happening over the last 3 or so months. They are Lso introducing their first European trips. I believe Ireland is the first.

Things are changing at Westjet, but I hope they continue to offer an alternative to the. Cash grabbing, poor service Hair Canada

There is no rhyme, reason or logic when it comes to airlines. Unfortunately, competition to Aruba is unsatisfactory from the consumers viewpoint, so they are free to play head games with us.
    Please contact via e-mail at arubarennowner@gmail.com