Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aquaman
  • 1 Post By bertho

Thread: For Canadians. Westjet finally does it

For Canadians. Westjet finally does it

See the this link for Westjets annuncement

http://westjet2.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=628

FANTASTIC!!!

Only a partial fantastic as this is only for summer months (low season) so now we need them to continue running this flight during the winter as well and if not asking for too much, how about another day besides Sunday!

Just as an aside as I spoke with someone at Westjet:
    This announcement has been just announced with the summer schedule but the ticket agent says that she can't imagine that it won't continue into the winter. If not this year then most likely next year. She said that they have had lots of requests for this island so she can't imagine just running this through the summer months and if it continues into the winter another day would, more than likely, be added.

Flights are Sunday Toronto to Aruba 9am- 1:53pm, Aruba to Toronto 2:45pm-7:53pm. Flights start May 6th and continue on to October 21st.

SUGGESTION: Go to Westjet Feedback and ask them to let us know soon about the winter! Many people are starting to look at booking their travels in December/January and knowing that they will/may continue, customers may wait to book flights to see the days and pricing that Westjet has to offer.

happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

WestJet and winter

Randi,

May I suggest you ( and others) consider sending an email to Jim Hepple who is president of AHATA. He is involved with ad knows the airline contacts for Air Canada, WestJet etc. Jims mandate s to promote tourism. He would be a great asset in tryng to convince WestJet about winter service.

Aquaman,
    What is his contact information?
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

I would send it to his attention jim@ahata.com

I didn't see Montreal they use to do and they stop it ...
    ginette

Oh cool...!
    With any luck they'll also tie in with a package provider, that way the Lady and I won't get crucified (so to speak) when we head down in June....

Oh joy, oh bliss...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com

They will be tying it in with vacation packages. The agent said they just haven't released the hotel's yet. If you go online (as of this morning) Aruba wasn't even loaded into the system yet.

Talking Yes, there really is a Santa Claus :-D

Yes everyone, there really is a Santa Claus . . . this is fantastic news. I agree with John and Randi . . . anything we can do through ATA AHATA, and WestJet to reinforce this decision will only benefit tourism and the many Canadians who have heard of Aruba but have never ventured there to discover it. Of course, the best way to do this is to FILL the airplane! See you one of the flights all. We've booked March and April . . . but not May yet.
    Michael

The Lady and I have booked our flight for the first week of June, ended up using expedia to put together a package (nothing showed up as a prepared package *?*) and got a flight on the much-lauded Westjet.
    Not too bad. I'm told the seats are a little more comfortable than the flying coffins that Sunquest and Transat were flying, so with any luck, it'll be a good flight.

As for the price, it's not an awful lot different or cheaper than the usual Canadian travel gouge.

As I'm sure I've mentioned elsewhere, prices have to go up because,

apparently, everything does.

No matter, we're heading to paradise.
    51 days...
    Mr. Ratt
    "It's not having what you want, it's wanting what you've got..."
    Aruba.... May 12, 2018... 3pm at the Tamarijn, see you there.
    http://www.heyoka-healing.com