Aruba Beach

Thread: Cannot travel with meat on Jet Blue?

Cannot travel with meat on Jet Blue?

Packaged Frozen Fish, Shellfish and Other Meats
    All meat, including live shellfish (i.e. lobsters, crab, and shrimp), will be accepted on domestic flights as checked or carry-on baggage provided it meets the following requirements:

• All meats must be packaged in a leak proof container
    • Containers using ice packs must be sealed, leak proof and the contents clearly marked.
    • Styrofoam coolers are not suitable for transport
    • For packages containing dry ice, 5.5 pounds (2.5 kilograms) is the maximum amount allowed.
      • The container must be ventilated to allow the release of carbon dioxide.to prevent a buildup of pressure that could rupture the container.
      • The container must be marked with the name of the contents being cooled
      • The container must be marked with the words “dry ice” or “carbon dioxide solid” together with the net weight of the dry ice
      • Must be checked baggage

JetBlue will not be liable for damage, loss or spoilage whether or not a limited release form is signed. Additional insurance is not available. Packaged meat will be accepted as checked baggage at your own risk.
    Meat, fish, live shellfish and seafood will not be accepted on international flights.

Aruba since 1979
    i think that this is has been in place for quite a long time.

folks DO bring frozen meat in their checked bags. unsure if it is on JB, but my husband and i do on, AA and SWA.

moving this thread to the Airline section

Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    Packaged Frozen Fish, Shellfish and Other Meats
    All meat, including live shellfish (i.e. lobsters, crab, and shrimp), will be accepted on domestic flights as checked or carry-on baggage provided it meets the following requirements:

• All meats must be packaged in a leak proof container
    • Containers using ice packs must be sealed, leak proof and the contents clearly marked.
    • Styrofoam coolers are not suitable for transport
    • For packages containing dry ice, 5.5 pounds (2.5 kilograms) is the maximum amount allowed.
      • The container must be ventilated to allow the release of carbon dioxide.to prevent a buildup of pressure that could rupture the container.
      • The container must be marked with the name of the contents being cooled
      • The container must be marked with the words “dry ice” or “carbon dioxide solid” together with the net weight of the dry ice
      • Must be checked baggage

JetBlue will not be liable for damage, loss or spoilage whether or not a limited release form is signed. Additional insurance is not available. Packaged meat will be accepted as checked baggage at your own risk.
    Meat, fish, live shellfish and seafood will not be accepted on international flights.

In Canada, it's a customs regulation not an airline rule. Regardless of what an airline says, it'll be overrided by the government.

We brought a frozen turkey with us to celebrate Thanksgiving. My mother in law does it every year as her week at LaCabana falls Thanksgiving week.