Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Carry ons only?

Aruba since 1979
    you are brilliant.
    WOW.
    i am impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by nalismom View Post
    We travel every year for 2 weeks with carry-on including 5 pairs of sandals and tennis shoes and racquets. Liquids have not been an issue as we use the TS shampoo and conditioner. Contact lens liquid 3 oz lasts 2 weeks and recently I switched to daily wear lenses which do not necessitate lens liquid. We love the Aruba aloe sun care products and so buy our screen when we arrive at the local pharmacy - about 6-8 US. What we have left we empty into our empty shampoo and conditioner bottles and bring home. We have also done carry for Italy for 27 days and 3 weeks in Spain. I would not travel any other way.

If I didn't bring my dive gear and I didn't want to bring back rum, it could happen. But that wouldn't be much of a vacation for me.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Nalismom, you are my hero. People dont believe me when I tell what I can pack in a carry on. I did London & Paris that way for two weeks but I did have to buy a bag (which is beautiful) for the way back because of all the shoes & handbags i bought, lol.....

for those who are wondering about the travel space bags
    http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/prod...p?SKU=18332957
    Next Aruba trip in

I registered for them for my shower but didn't get them. I may have to pick them up this weekend!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I would never travel without them. Make sure you get the travel ones, otherwise you'll need a vacuum cleaner.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    My hats off to anyone who can travel with just a carryon.
    Its never gona happen in my lifetime !

Banned
    No can do!!! What are you going to do for sunblock?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    we need the usual, though. shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, mousse, toothpaste, contact lens fluid, my husband's hair stuff, suntan lotion & mosquito repellent. i also put those packets of tide that are good for one wash. i bring 6 of those. we fit it in two ziplocks. i'm bad at puzzles but i can fit anything into a carry on, lol, within reason of course. certainly not dive equipment, lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post
    you can fill up the quart zip lock but the bottles can't be any more than 3 ozs. even when i bring the tide packets for the washing machine, they may be factory sealed but they STILL have to be under 3 ozs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    in aruba a large container of sunscreen may be about double the price of what it'd be in the usa.

example i use the hawaiian tropic carrot oil stuff on my legs.
    here in usa at walmart it is about $8.
    in aruba it'd be about $17 or higher.

i use neutrogena sunscreen spray on my face and in aruba it will run you about $15

if you choose to buy your stuff in aruba, buy your sunscreen lotions at LINGS
    much cheaper at Lings than at the hotel convenience stores.

what about toothpaste?
    i used to get the small samples from the dentist and save for travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl View Post
    No can do!!! What are you going to do for sunblock?

I am still scratching my head over this as well...
    For 13 days, my dd uses 3 bottles of sunblock equaling 24 oz.
    Her 8 - 3 oz. bottles alone would fill the quart bag.

Update: We did end up checking one bag for my husband, so that his carry ons could be a packpack with the laptop in it, and the camera case. The rest of us did carry on only.

I had packed one spray sunscreen and one bottle of sunscreen. We finished the spray on the last day, and brought home some of the bottle. We did buy an extra spray bottle there for $14 at the gift shop, but didn't use it.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast