Aruba Beach
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Carry ons only?

I am in awe that some of you out there travel for move than just a few days using carry-on only! Good for you! I don't think I could do it! I think I would be more stressed trying to fit everything I want into carry-on than just dealing with the annoyance of checked luggage! HAHA

Carry on luggage

My dh, keeps asking why can't we both just do a carry on luggage, i'm a little nervous, we are going for 8 nites, no washer or dryer He says we need very little while there, any body do this on there stays ?

Quote Originally Posted by KATH2ME View Post
    My dh, keeps asking why can't we both just do a carry on luggage, i'm a little nervous, we are going for 8 nites, no washer or dryer He says we need very little while there, any body do this on there stays ?
    This may be of some help to you:

Carry ons only?

I'm going to attempt to do this when I go in September ... I don't think it will happen though! Good luck!

Most resorts have washers/dryers you can use. Also there is a laundromat in the high rise area called Quickie Lickie (I didn't name it. lol) where you can do laundry. Every year I end up taking too much stuff. Now I pack, then I re-evaluate and take some out and pack some of the Purex washer/dryer sheets to do laundry so I don't feel like I will be totally without if I run out of clothes. As far as shoes goes pick two pair that are casual and comfortable and you will be fine. The first year I brought six pairs of shoes and only wore two pair. The heels to go with the dresses stayed in the suitcase with the dresses and I wore shorts/capris the whole time.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    I'm with AhhAruba. The first time i bought like 5 pairs of shoes and wore 1 pair the whole time, the comfortable ones. I am the wrong one to ask. I NEVER check luggage. Last year we went for 10 days, I bought carry on luggage and a large tote bag (my purse, lol). my husband had his carry on. buy the space travel bags, they are wonderful and you can back for two weeks.

8 days is a breeze with a carry on. all you need are bathing suits, shorts, bathing suits, capri pants, bathing suits. the tops you'll wear in aruba are summer tops, tanks and they take up no room.

We took the plunge and bought two new carry on sized pieces of luggage for our next trip. Getting off the plane and not having to wait on luggage sounds awesome!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    I could never get by with just a carry on, and my husband is worse than I am! Last year we filled one carry on with our new snorkel equipment we had just purchased at a dive shop. The other carry on was full of clothes, my laptop, medications, etc. We were boarding as zone 5, and when it was our time to board, we were told that they had run out of overhead space and we had to check our carry ons at the gate. We were not able to retrieve them at our connection airport. They made us check them all the way to Aruba. I had to pull my laptop out, along with the meds. and carry it all in my arms. Needless to say, we were not happy campers!! Not only did we have to worry about our other checked luggage not arriving, we also had to worry about our carry on luggage not arriving. My husband was so upset about our new pricey snorkeling gear, I thought he was going to have a coronary! Luckily, when we arrived in Aruba, everything arrived with us, but it wasn't a great way to start a relaxing vacation. That definitely defeats the whole idea of just traveling with a carry on for us in the future.

If you sign up for an airline credit card, you'll never be in the last group. High level frequent flyers and first class, then credit card holders are usually right after them.

Exclamation Get On the Plane Fast With the Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express

Get On the Plane Fast With the Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express
    New priority boarding benefit is latest enhancement to flight experience for Cardmembers and their travel companions

"Aug 2, 2011

ATLANTA and NEW YORK, August 2, 2011 – American Express (NYSE: AXP) and Delta Air Lines (NYSEAL) today unveiled two new benefits – priority boarding and in-flight savings – for eligible U.S. Consumer and Small Business Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers.

Starting September 1, Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers will enjoy priority boarding on Delta flights. With this new benefit they’ll have early access to overhead compartments and extra time to get settled. Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers will continue to use the Sky Priority lane and have access to Premium Security lines where available.

The introduction of priority boarding for Cardmembers will work like the valuable First Bag Free Card benefit. Gold, Platinum and Reserve Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers can check one bag for free and extend the benefit to others traveling in their reservation on every Delta flight. Similarly, with priority boarding, Cardmembers may welcome travel companions to board the flight with them.

“We know our Cardmembers love the First Bag Free benefit – especially their ability to share it with others traveling in their reservation” said Gunther Bright, senior vice president and general manager, co-brand partnerships, American Express. “This year, we’re thrilled to extend that experience by adding priority boarding and in-flight savings benefits for Cardmembers. Now friends and families can board early together and save together on in-flight purchases using their Card.”

All Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers will receive a 20 percent savings beginning September 1 on eligible Delta in-flight amenities including food, beverages, movies, television shows and video games.

“We continue to build a better travel experience for Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Cardmembers and these new benefits are significant wins for the customer,” said Jeff Robertson, vice president, SkyMiles, Delta Air Lines. “Now in addition to checking a bag at no cost, customers can enjoy early boarding which results in stress-free stowage of carry-on bags and discounts on in-flight purchases – both of which are priorities for our co-brand customers.”

Delta SkyMiles Credit Card Benefits and Features

American Express offers several Delta co-brand Credit Cards, including the Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Cards, and Delta Reserve Credit Card, which feature many benefits in addition to priority boarding and in-flight savings:
    A free checked bag on every Delta flight – up to a $50 savings per person on a round-trip ticket – available for the Cardmember and up to eight people traveling in their reservation
    One mile for every eligible dollar spent on the Card
    Double miles for all Delta purchases
    No limit to the number of miles Cardmembers can earn and miles don’t expire
    Ability to “Pay with Miles” – Cardmembers can pay for all or a portion of the cost of any Delta seat with no black out dates or seat restrictions
    Domestic companion certificate upon annual renewal of Cardmembership
    Ability to redeem miles at discounted redemption rates on hotel stays, car rentals merchandise and more"

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We do have a credit card with United and also use Capitol One air miles. We stopped flying to Aruba on United because we go in Feb. and have to fly north to connect. Two years ago our flight was canceled due to snow up north and we couldn't get another flight for several days. We started flying down through US Air because they connect in Charlotte, which typically has better weather. We still fly back with United because we don't really mind getting stuck in Aruba for a few extra days!! I know, this sounds crazy, but it works better for us. This year I booked our US Air flight seats in the back of the plane, hoping we'll get on sooner. I have considered opening a US Air credit card to help with this issue, but we are paying enough fees on the others. If this year doesn't work out, I probably will. I'll also look into Delta. Thanks!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast