Aruba Beach

Thread: Charlotte

Charlotte

Air is SO CRAZY this year. The best deal I have found has me over night in Charlotte. Does anyone know if I can just hang out at the airport for the night (I understand all shops etc will be closed). Or do I have to deal with getting a hotel, ride etc? If so, any recommendations for a quick night stay close by?

There are a ton of hotels nearby that will pick you up at the airport. Just go to maps.google.com and type in "hotels near charlotte airport" and you will get a number of options. I don't believe you can remain in the terminal overnight.

That's a good question about overnighting at the airport. Last summer my son's flight was very late getting into Charlotte, and he missed his connection, and it was the last flight of the night. He got on the first flight out the next morning, and given that it was nearly midnight, and he was going to have to be at the airport at 5 am (or thereabouts), he opted to stay at the airport. He couldn't stay in the secure area, so he had to go through security again in the morning, but he had no problem staying in the waiting area overnight. I probably wouldn't recommend it, unless you're young.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We missed our connection in Charlotte last year when we left Aruba. We stayed at the Comfort Inn, not far from the airport. They picked us all up in a shuttle and brought us back in the morning. It was fairly new and in good shape.

Thanks! I opted for Expedia half price hotel deals. I got a place with free airport shuttle for 42$ a night. I'm young enough to stay at the airport all night... but I would be extremely bored!

You got a great deal! I spent most of the night in an airport one time in Las Vegas, but I was in my early 20s. I think it's a better option for the return rather than outbound flight. That's not a fun way to begin a vacation unless there's no other option. I'm glad you found a hotel that met your needs. Have a fantastic trip!!
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984