Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cple

Thread: check in lines

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything

check in lines

I haven't seen anything about this in a while. What are the check in lines at the airport like? Have they gotten better? I noticed that the United flights from Aruba all seem to be leaving anywhere from an hour to two hours late. Was wondering if it had to do with people still in line at check in holding up the planes or is it just United, lol. The morning flights from Newark to Aruba all leave on time so they are definitely in Aruba already.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course
    We usually come back on Wednesday or Thursday. The lines at check in are not too bad then if you get there a couple hours before the departure time. We don't fly United though. Usually Delta or AA. No same day connections on United for us. The bigger problem is the security lines. Takes forever to go through the 2 check points.
    The last time we came back on a Friday or Saturday, the lines at checkout were bad even 2 hours before departure.

Aruba since 1979
    our neighbor came home on friday march 21 via air tran aua to mco.
    she said check in was a breeze at airtran and said she did not notice anything unusual til she got to us customs, where the line was huge.
    she said it took her almost 3 hours from check in at counter to gate arrival due to back ups at us customs.
    their airtran flight to mco was delayed 45 minutes departing due to passengers delayed at us customs.

QUOTE=gaby;255166]I haven't seen anything about this in a while. What are the check in lines at the airport like? Have they gotten better? I noticed that the United flights from Aruba all seem to be leaving anywhere from an hour to two hours late. Was wondering if it had to do with people still in line at check in holding up the planes or is it just United, lol. The morning flights from Newark to Aruba all leave on time so they are definitely in Aruba already.[/QUOTE]

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    that's what we figured why the planes were delayed. we always come back on a sunday because my husband wants to stay till the very last day before he returns to work, lol. if he had his way, he'd leave from the beach in a bathing suit and put a lounge chair on the tarmac to soak up the last of the aruba sun. lol...

Interesting.

When we left Aruba in February (on Sunday the 9th), the process to our gate was uneventful. We moved through the check-in line at a reasonable pace and the US Customs line moved well too. I'd guess it all took about an hour as we spent a long time at the gate waiting to board.

I guess we've been lucky to not hit really long lines or delayed flights. I hope that luck continues.

I'm with you. we usually take the 6 o'clock flight on a sunday home. most flights have already left. it seems to be between 1 and 4 that a lot of the flights leave aruba. hopefully we won't have problems but its so far away, lol, ugh.....

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    We were supposed to fly home on Valentine's Day, which was a Friday, but due to a huge snowstorm on the east coast, we decided to stay and left Aruba the following Monday. There was no one waiting in line at the check-in counter for Airtran when we got there. We were pleasantly shocked. All in all, it took us almost an hour to get to our gate, mainly because they only had one check point line open and one screening line open on the Aruba side. There were five windows open at US customs, which didn't take long at all. Last year, we stood in the US customs line for 1 1/2 hours on a Friday. I wish we could fly back on a Monday every year.
    Last edited by hatteras; 03-24-2014 at 10:03 PM.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    We left on Saturday March 22. The flight was set to leave at 12:50. We got into the terminal at 9:45 and were on a line of maybe 200 people for Delta. Not one Delta rep anywhere to be seen until around 10:10. Once we got thru that line, customs moved very quickly. I have left on a Wednesday in the past and the terminal is empty

Our favorite place on the island, is the great beach at the Boca Grandi. The water is the best, and its very quiet.
    We flew out on Thursday March 20th on Jet Blue at 1pm. There were no lines at all. Total time from check-in, to sitting in the terminal might have been 20 minutes. US Customs was empty when we arrived there. Our total time at the airport was 2 hours and 15 minutes.