Aruba Beach
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By serene56
  • 3 Post By ~Amy~
  • 1 Post By DiviDiviFan

Thread: Check your FLights

Check your FLights

I want to take the time now to remind you to check your flights.

Again- my USAir changed my plane which put us into different seats.

We did have row 9 = they moved us to 20 something so I was able to move me row 17. If I did not check that flight I would have been stuck on row 20 on the opposite side that we really wanted.

I checked my flight and the fare is now over $500 more than we paid per ticket ! Crazy!!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    AA is notorious for this type of antics...

I check our seats every single day. With Delta's economy comfort, seating arrangements are ugly. We have to hold on to what we have.

Good advice to always check periodically. We booked on Continental last September for our upcoming trip and all of the confirmation numbers changed when United converted their systems this spring.

Whether it's business or personal travel, I always check my flights (for any changes to times or seats)at least once a week. Once I'm a month out, then I check every day. Only takes a couple of minutes to pull up the itineraries online. YOU are always your own best travel agent.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock
    Thanks to this thread I remembered to check my flights. I am not happy my last flight home has changed, originally we had seats 15A and 15B, now we have 15A and 6A....not even close to each other!!!! Called USAir they say they cannot help me there are no seats open. I do not understand how they can do this when we booked back in April. If they need to change people's seats why can't they change people who are flying alone? Sorry, had to vent...I am assuming there is nothing more I can do but try to beg the ticket agent or someone on the plane to switch seats? All I know is I pray this is a smooth flight or I pity the poor stranger next to me (LOL)...not crazy about flying but love going to Aruba so I do it.

Aruba since 1979
    call US AIR back and ask to speak with a supervisor.

sometimes these changes happen due to a change in equipment, families flying together and those with special needs require these changes.
    other times the changes are done for goodness knows why?!?!

good luck and let us know how you make out
    Quote Originally Posted by DiviDiviFan View Post
    Thanks to this thread I remembered to check my flights. I am not happy my last flight home has changed, originally we had seats 15A and 15B, now we have 15A and 6A....not even close to each other!!!! Called USAir they say they cannot help me there are no seats open. I do not understand how they can do this when we booked back in April. If they need to change people's seats why can't they change people who are flying alone? Sorry, had to vent...I am assuming there is nothing more I can do but try to beg the ticket agent or someone on the plane to switch seats? All I know is I pray this is a smooth flight or I pity the poor stranger next to me (LOL)...not crazy about flying but love going to Aruba so I do it.

Jet Blue

Just checked my seats with JB and so far so good, row 3 on way down and 23 on way back, both together. Can't wait for Thursday to get some warm weather again.

Dave
    Last edited by Bosox824; 11-19-2012 at 09:25 PM.

Pelican Pier at sunset with a bucket of Brights! Sunsets at Bunker Bar LG Smith Steakhouse, Paddock

Good News!

Yesterday I asked to speak to a supervisor and was told I could not, during my original phone call. I took Andrea's advise and called again this morning. Before I called I did a little research, went onto USAIR and checked to see if there were any open seats on my flight. There were 2 open, one next to my new seat! Originally we were both in row 15, then separated 15 and 6, the row 6 seat had an empty "CHOICE" seat next to it. I called and the girl was very nice, we are now both seated in row 6 together. It did cost me $15 but I don't mind as long as we are together. Things that make you go . Once again thanks to this forum I would normally not have checked my seats assuming they would never change, now we all know better Now I can relax and start packing