Aruba Beach

Thread: Checked bag fees

Checked bag fees

I just booked my flight with Continental. If I read everything correctly they are now charging $25 to check the first bag. It just seems that the airlines really "have us" because what other options do we have?!?!

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    get the space travel bags, bag lightly (you don't need much in Aruba) and use carry on. that's what we do.

There was something on the news the other day that Continental had charge up to $450.
    extra for one bag for some people and American had charged $400.

Aruba since 1979
    what i read was an overweight bag (71 - 100 lbs) on an AA pacific rim flight could have penalty charge of $450.
    yikes

so, yes goldab, there are charges and if you can get away with carry on (bag that can be stowed overhead or under the seat in front of you, that is the way to avoid additional charges. UNLESS you are traveling on SPIRIT, which apparently now charges for overhead carry on.

we should make a list of which airlines do not charge additional for 1st checked that is under 50 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by luvsun View Post
    There was something on the news the other day that Continental had charge up to $450.
    extra for one bag for some people and American had charged $400.

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    if that is true, then in some cases, its cheaper to buy your luggage a seat on the plane....right now the airfare from nwk to aruba when we're going is $368. its cheaper to buy my luggage a seat on the plane (which is why I do carry on).