Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Checking in at AUA for the flight home..

Checking in at AUA for the flight home..

OK, so after reading threads here I was paranoid. Bully picked us up at the Radisson at 9:30 for our 1:00 flight on Saturday. We were at the airport & in line before 10:00. There was already a substantial line at the Continental desk, but ticket counter did not even open for another 20 minutes or so. By then there was a much longer line behind us! Once the line opened, we checked in, checked the one bag, went through security, got through customs, went through security again, and were at gate 7 in about an hour. Now, this may have been the first flight of the day so maybe there were no backups? But, we really had no problems. I was so afraid we would be in line for 2.5 hours and would be stressed about making the flight! Just wanted to let you know we had a good experience

You had one of the first flights of the day (1pm). Most U.S. flights leave Aruba between 2:30-4:30pm and that's where the congestion comes from in the security lines.

We took a 1pm flight out of Aruba once and it was a BREEZE compared to the usual 3pm flight we take. If given the choice, I would be more than happy to take the earlier flight.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

I'm slightly nervous about coming home, but I guess it wouldn't be too horrible to get stuck in Aruba for a few more hours. :-P

We are flying on a Sunday with US Air into Philadelphia with a direct flight. Departure is at 1:30 and from the looks of previous flights from AUA to PHL at that time, the flight usually takes off on-time. As of right now, it looks like the flight is completely booked and the only other US Air flight that day is at 4:40.

I will definitely go early to be on the safe side, but I'm still a nervous nelly about missing it. Do you think leaving our hotel (we're staying at the Tam) at 9am is enough time? I figure we'll get to the airport around 10 with traffic & whatnot.

Since you have one of the earlier flights, as long as you're at the airport by 11ish, you'll be fine.
    ~Amy~ - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018 -- Zihuatanejo, MX: March 2018 -- Ireland: June/July 2018 -- 36th trip to Aruba: Sept. 2018

Good to know! Thanks Amy!

Also, since you're departing on a Sunday, there should be next to no (if any) traffic through downtown because all of the stores are closed. It's a good day to depart.

We have a 1:30 flight and Bully says he will pick us up at 10:30.
    (i thought that was too late but he said that the one part (after the duty free store) doesnt open til 11am

Bully is the expert. You will be at the airport in plenty of time.

I love the beach (who doesn't?), anywhere that I can snorkel, The Donkey Sanctuary (much to the dismay of my daughter), the lighthouse.
    Cupidgirl, I will be happily getting off of the flight from Philadelphia to Aruba on Sunday! It can't get here soon enough for me. I will be the one with the big grin on my face....but then again, that will probably be everyone getting off of the plane in Aruba! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Aruba since 1979
    safe and fun travels!!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBunches View Post
    Cupidgirl, I will be happily getting off of the flight from Philadelphia to Aruba on Sunday! It can't get here soon enough for me. I will be the one with the big grin on my face....but then again, that will probably be everyone getting off of the plane in Aruba! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast